How do I really feel?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by lillieblake, Sep 24, 2008.

1. lillieblake

lillieblake New Member

I'd like to know how I really feel. I take lyrica for the FM and an anti-depressant for depression but I am sure it helps with the FM. I also take 2 tyroid medications, 2 blood pressure medications, and various supplements.

I wouldn't stop the antidepressant (unless you want to see me on America's Most Wanted)or the blood pressure medications, but since I feel like crap most of the time, I would like to stop the other meds to see how I really feel.

But then again I am just really, really pissed at my health and not having money and etc., etc. I just go through the motions so people think I am ok.

Maybe this was just a vent.

Thanks - Lillie

2. mujuer

mujuer New Member

I feel ya' on all of it. Vent on if it makes you feel better. I feel a vent coming on myself. Hey, don't quit your thyroid med's though. I don't know if you have low or high thyroid. If it is low then you could develop a goitor if you don't take the thyroid hormone to keep it in check. I felt good when they first put me on my thyroid med but now, crap. Some days we all just go thru the motions so we can feel like we have some sort of a life. Hope you have a better day. P
  3. Susan07

Susan07 New Member

I know what you mean.

I use to be able to take anti-depressants for 6 months then get off of them for a year or two.

The last time I tried that my pain magnified, so now it looks like I'll be on them forever.

If you do want to try to stop any meds, work with your doctor. I am changing anti-depressants right now and it will take 6 weeks to do the switch otherwise it can be dangerous.

Vent away - this must be the most aggravating "syndrome" to have!

Take care