How do like Ultram ER?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by BEARANDBUGSMOM, Jul 17, 2006.

1. BEARANDBUGSMOM

BEARANDBUGSMOM New Member

Just wanted to find out if anyone has tried the Ultram ER, I take the Tramadol Which is the generic of Ultram, my doctor just gave me the Ultram ER 200mg to try and I don't think that I like it as much, I seem to feel dizzy and strange after I take it. Does this feeling go away if you keep taking it regularly?

Thanks so much!
  2. kat2002

kat2002 New Member

My doctor also gave me samples to try, although we started the dosage at 100 mg. It takes 5-7 days to get the full effect of it. We tried different dosages, ultimately finding that 200 mg works best for me.

300 mg is generally the maximum daily dose, but it caused me to feel like my nerves were buzzing all day long, so I went back down to 200 mg. That strength and taking it in the evening works great for me.

I love taking one dose a day, instead of something every 4 hours. I still occasionally need Vicodin in addition to it on really bad days, but overall I am really happy with it.

Good luck,
    Kat

3. brisklea

brisklea New Member

I tried ultram ONCE. It made me sick to my stomache and I vomited for several hours. That was the easy part. I spent the rest of the night in bed delerious and hallucinating with the sweats. Never again!!
  4. Santafemimi

Santafemimi New Member

I take the Tramadol 2 x 50MG tablets for pain and it seems OK, I have not had any adverse reactions. My only problem is that the dosage is not high enough, it does not even touch the pain. I seem my Rheumy this week, and will discuss alternate dosage or new meds.

Thanks,

Mimi