How do they calculate SSD income?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by rdthewave, Jul 30, 2003.

1. rdthewave

rdthewave New Member

I'm curious if anyone knows how they come up with the final figure of how much SSD you're going to get.......I'm still confused about this. I only get $660.00 a month.......I know other people who are getting up to $1000.00 a month. If they figure it on past income......I used to be an RN.....so I would have thought my SSD would have been higher?

Any clarification on this would be appreciated.

Tammy
  2. Cactuslil

Cactuslil New Member

It WAS, some 8-9 years ago, the formula used was an average of all earnings but at the point of highest income the averageing stopped.

I was told once my income lowered, that would not have been taken into account; the averaging would have been from the pinnacle to the beginning of your work history. If I would have prevailed my income would have been close to a grand; however like a dummy, I did not retain an attorney, and was denied disability. I heard a few weeks back from Virginia where my now atty had followed the appeal that it was upheld; my atty wanted to take it into civil court and I told her to no-go it.

Dig this....I was financially sound for atleast 4 years into my battle. Once I reached the no income, no savings, no car, my atty went for SSI; the same court that denied the disability under SSDIB ruled favorably (after quite a squable). Same guidlines, same administrative judge...how about that! As a single parent in her late forties with a then preschooler, I could not believe it. After all those years of gathering info, etc. ect. loss of savings and almost my mortgage, with an ATTORNEY I prevailed.

However it has worked to the better, in Texas...S.Texas. as I get special services under the aged & disabled group who have medical coverage far superior to medicare. Oh, yes, you also have to be indigent! Love Cactus
  3. beckster

beckster New Member

me generally what kind of special services and medical care you get. I have a friend with no money on SSI etc and she may need to move and maybe she should consider Texas?
    Thanks.