How do they do it???

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by poeticbobbi, Apr 26, 2007.

1. poeticbobbi

poeticbobbi New Member

I listen to people talk about their busy schedules and it makes me exhausted just listening.Women holding down full time jobs, then dealing with several children and a hubby.Active in churches or other organizations and they never seem to stop.
    I feel as though i am lazy or something cause I am at home all day and may or may not find the energy to shower and get dressed.I know I am like this because of FM but it has been so long now I can't even remember my life when I could do alot of these things.Most people really can't understand how much we hurt and how exhausted we are especially if we look reasonably healthy.
    My doctor always greets me with a big "HI, HOW ARE YOU DOING? YOU LOOK GOOD"I just want to slap her and say,"Well I don't feel good".Am I suppose to look like a monster to prove I am not feelin well?? For me that is one of the last things I got to hold on to.Next month I'll be 43yrs old, but I admit I look younger while feeling way older. I actually got carded the other day in the liquor store. It made me laugh cause I think the clerk should've put on her specks.
  2. poeticbobbi

poeticbobbi New Member

Ya know how they say "you are only as old as you feel?"
    DANG, I must be about 162 years old some days--lol!!!!
    I am so ridiculous,and feelin quite my silly self right about now.Earlier I was crying (all day actually)and slept away yesterday.But after spending time with my new family here on the board, I feel better and Im hungry,I might even take a shower--lol!!!!
  3. Engel

Engel New Member

I was OK until I hit 29 and it has been downhill ever since. I did manage to work fulltime and raise my child on my own. I get pooped just hearing that stuff too ... lol. It takes every bit of energy and strength to just get out of bed and to the recliner.
  4. tandy

tandy New Member

I mean,...I did it too. But I find it so hard to believe that I made it through those rough years.(with Fibro)
    Now my youngest is 10 yrs old and its getting much easier. (Thank God!!)
    I love school days :)

I have a window over my kitchen sink so I watch life go on while doing the dishes 3 x a day. I watch people come and go,...many with kids,.... they look so energetic!!
    I remember when I felt like that.
    I miss it so much :(
    this one neighbor,.. I sware she's in & out of her house all day!! she must come & go 10 times a day!!
    she poops me out just observing~
    lol
    I wonder if they wonder why i'm home alot?
  5. momof471

momof471 New Member

to schedule certain things on certain days. If I know I'm going to church on Sunday, I know on Monday I need to recuperate, I try not to schedule doctors or anything, although this coming moday I have a doctor and I'm dreading it, I know I will be exhausted! Lots of times Ican't make it to church and it makes me feel horrible. Then I see people that can do everything and feel lazy. I use to be able to do everything not so long ago. I know that will never be again though and that is ok.

god bless
  6. annaleeb

annaleeb New Member

for your loss. :(