==HOW DO U FEEL? -LOL finally! Bob Dylan's lyrics DECIPHERED ==

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by victoria, Mar 22, 2008.

1. victoria

victoria New Member

this is a well done misheard lyric video of

"How do you feel" --

misheard lyrics have given me some of the biggest laughs, my own as well as other people's!!! -it's great people are putting these together into videos!

[This Message was Edited on 03/22/2008]
  2. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

I met Bob Zimmerman back when we were kids in Minnesota. His friend Barb Sales told me he wanted to be a singer. After I heard him sing, I knew he'd never get anywhere.

Well, that was back in 1960 when singers still had to have a good voice.

Well, there've been a lotta changes since then. One thing tho, a knish is still a knish.

3. ckball

ckball New Member

What is a kinish?
    You have a interesting and intriguing life, I still think you need to write a book.

Victoria I wish I could do youtube, I can but only short ones. I loaded my last one of Missy counting a couple of weeks ago. I set it up at midnight and went to bed. It was still going at 9 am, but it did load. It is 1 mnt 44 secs.

It's amazing that the singers remembered some of their own words back then, they would just mumble and no one new the difference, lol.

Thanks, I'll try it tho- Hope you had a good easter-Carla
  4. kholmes

kholmes New Member

Carla, I wish we could all chip in and get you high-speed.

Victoria, that was hilarious. I wonder how long it took him to put that together. Of course, even when Dylan is intelligible, his lyrics don't always make sense. i.e. the diplomat carrying on his shoulder the Siamese Cat.
  5. ckball

ckball New Member

But it isn't available where I live, my provider keeps sayiing "soon", that was 2 years ago,lol.

I did get 3 minutes of the clip, too funny,someone had a lot of time on their hands. Thanks-Carla
  6. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

(pronounced Ka-nish) is a Jewish dumpling.

The reference, of course, is to

You must remember this,
    A kiss is just a kiss,
    A sigh is just a sigh.
    The fundamental things apply
    As time goes by.

(See "Casablanca".)

I misquoted somewhat. My aunt's father was Editor in Chief of the Lutheran paper back in Minnesota. He said, "I wouldn't quote the 23rd Psalm w/o looking it up."

You know, there is an Irish song I see attributed to Trad. and a similar song I see attributed to Dylan. If I had more energy and a more cooperative computer, I would investigate.

Cat Stevens is always listed as the source of "Morning Has Broken", but the melody is an Irish traditional one and the lyrics were written by a lady in the l930s.

Joe Howard is listed as composer of "I Wonder Who's Kissing Her Now", but I read he didn't write it. He employed the guy who did. But Joe did write other hits like "Hello, Ma Baby", and lived long enough to sing them on the Ed Sullivan Show.

All of which reminds me of my old Jewish boss who was so careful to eat a Kosher diet and who still owes me money.

7. victoria

victoria New Member

You sure do seem to have been around the right places at the right time! Maybe you oughtta write a book!

Glad you all liked it... it's funny, while I usually heard things 'right' in most songs, I can also hear a lot of the misheard lyrics once I see them on the screen, LOL...

It still cracks me up that the FBI (?- or CIA?) investigated one of those old songs, was it 'Louie, Louie'?