How do we know what to test for?

Discussion in 'Lyme Disease Archives' started by pepper, Nov 8, 2008.

1. pepper

pepper New Member

Is there a list some place that states "If you have this constellation of symptoms" then you should be tested for such and such coinfection?

Thanks for any info.
    (((HUGS)))Pepper
  2. pw7575

pw7575 New Member

I just had the whole coinfections panel done but if you want to know what specifically you might have based on symptoms I would think a LLMD would know. It seems like most of them have seen Lyme and its coinfections for so long that they can probably tell you what coinfections you might have based on your symptoms.

If you want to check it out yourself you can look into a book I am reading called The Lyme Disease Solution by Dr. Kenneth Singleton. He has a chapter where he talks about symptoms etc and he lists Lyme and each coinfection and tells you what symptoms are common for each. That would give you exactly what you are looking for I think.

Hope this helps.

Pam :)
  3. pepper

pepper New Member

I have that book waiting for me at the library. I am so confused about all this. I just must get reading.

I am hoping that my GP will refer me tomorrow to an LLMD a 5 hr drive from here. I always like to go into an appt prepared so I am going to try to get the energy to get to the library and read up on this.

I must sound so confused by all this - because I am!

Thanks for reminding me what I need to do.
    ((((HUGS)))) Pepper
  4. mrdad

mrdad New Member

See: www.lymeinfo.net then click on Patient Info on the top of the page. Lot's of useful

and interesting info. regarding a first visit with Doc.

Huggles and best wishes!

MRDAD
  5. pepper

pepper New Member

I have been spending all my energy on reading the books that were recommended. Things are starting to make sense to me now! It is complicated though.

Thank you so much for your advice. You and many others have been such a help in getting me started on this new road - hopefully to recovery.

(((HUGS)))Pepper