How do we love?

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by windblade, Sep 1, 2014.

1. windblade

windblade Active Member

I came across this in my reading today, and it reminded me so much of the inspiring thoughts that I've heard recently on this board.

"Small Steps of Love - How can we choose love when we have experienced so little of it? We choose love by taking small steps of love every time there is an opportunity. A smile, a handshake, a word of encouragement, a phone call, a card, an embrace, a kind greeting, a gesture of support, a moment of attention, a helping hand, a present, a financial contribution, a visit ... all these are little steps toward love.

Each step is like a candle burning in the night. It does not take the darkness away, but it guides us through the darkness. When we look back after many small steps of love, we will discover that we have made a long and beautiful journey. - Henri Nouwen
    TigerLilea and jaminhealth like this.
  2. springwater

springwater Active Member

Judy,

i was recently idly wondering what the purpose of my life was...what exactly was the meaning
    of my existence...because it was feeling all rather pointless

and then i did an angel card reading just like that..and i drew the Earth Angel card which said
    'this card comes to you in response to your question about your lifes purpose..the answer is
    teach about love, you fulfill this task whever youre centred, serene and loving as thats when
    youre a role model of Divine peace.

you neednt write a book, or work as a healer to positively affect others, you merely need to
    be loving and compassionate in your interactions with others.

you also received this card too help with your alienation issues..feeling different from others

I was thinking ..'wow, the angels were listening to me this morning?'

it feels similar to the loving words you have posted for us...thank you, soul sister.
    I have always had you at the back of my mind and wondering how you are...
    and as always it feels good to see you here.

Love you

God Bless you and your dear DH
  3. windblade

windblade Active Member

Dear Spring, "Soul Sister". I love it and feel the same way . Your angel answer was so wonderful - just what you needed to hear. To center and anchor yourself, and to know that we are not alone in our journey into complete wholeness .

I'm just reading now my second book by Sophy Burnham on angels. This one is all the letters she received from people so eager to share with her their experiences of being rescued, or guided, or helped in some way by angels. It is so comforting for me to read because it makes the spiritual ,filled with complete goodness, much closer to our everyday existence. Indeed, intermingled.

And even those small acts of kindness and caring can be so valuable to someone. I know it is to me when someone is courteous, or warm and friendly. And they bring us out of our alienation, our loneliness!

I'm just now going to send your greeting to my dh. I've spoken of you so often that he knows well who you are.

Sending prayers for protection, and comfort, and fortitude. And blessings for all your family. It's always uplifting to hear from you. Love, Judy