How do we pay for our supplements?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by GBHope, Feb 7, 2006.

1. GBHope

GBHope New Member

I'm frustrated. I just recently started seeing a chiropractor to help with my supplements and everything and I cannot afford to pay 150 to 200 a month just to buy supplements and see him. I don't know what I'm gonna do. He wants me to take these supplements at a specific dose that he tested me at and found beneficial, but I can barely afford to take them once a day. Any suggestions and what do you guys do? I have made good progress with him. Just don't know how to pay for everything.

Ginny (GBHope)
  2. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

Just cannot. I am not sure much helped me other than an organic diet, light exercise and purified water, along with probiotics when needed. There is some concern that we can take too many supplements that overtax our livers and kidneys too. We should be able to get most of what we need with a few exceptions these days, from a really healthful diet. I saw aresearch psaper that measured the urine of people on just a multivit/mineral of good quality with no fillers, and mostly they were jut p....ing it all back out, even sick people. Anyway whatever works for people.

Anne
  3. GBHope

GBHope New Member

This is horrible that you have to pay so much just to feel better. What's a person to do?

GBHope
  4. GBHope

GBHope New Member

these are coming from the chiropractor and these are the vitamins he has me on when he tests me. They never go on sale and you can't get them anywhere else really. Biotics and Standard Process. I just called my health food store locally and they are trying to get them in the store. They have great vitamins!

Ginny (GBHope)
  5. Adl123

Adl123 New Member

Dear Ginny,
    I know, sometimes I don't know how I will continue to pay for my supplements, either. If they were by prescription I would save a lot of money (although I wouldn't wish that on other people)!

My supplements were prescribed by an MD, and are about $200.00 a month. I have tried eliminating them, one at a time, but I quickily find out how it has been helping me, as one thing or another goes off kilter.

I get mine from a catalog, and the good thing is that I'm sure I'm getting what they say I'm getting, and I get a credit at the end of the year that I can use to pay for some of them. This year I got $50,00 of my February bill.

One thing that helped me, is that I came across a formulation that had many of the items prescribed by my Dr. in it. I now buy that, and that one bottle saves me $70,00 a month. (My bill used to be that much higher).

Good luck to you.
    I hope you find an answer to your problem.
    Terry
  6. dwjdf

dwjdf New Member

Just flat out tell him you can't afford it. Is there somethig or somewhere else you can get the same stuff for or cheaper. For a fact I know most of the drs out there double the price of what thay sell, so thay only what you to buy there products.

First build up their egos and then tell them your unable to spend that much. Also do you think you need them? I don't think its rite seeing some one who pushes their own drugs.
    corners the market. I saw one who wan't to sell me books. I said fine if he'd pay my electric bill.

Wendy
  7. GBHope

GBHope New Member

he gave me a line of credit. If it wasn't for the fact that I'm doing better, I wouldn't bother and if I plateau out, I won't bother either. Take care all.

GBHope Ginny