How do YOU all feel when NO ONE reads your posts??

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by PepperGirl52, Jul 29, 2006.

1. PepperGirl52

PepperGirl52 New Member

Just curious. I'm beginning to feel like I'm really on the outside.

I get one, maybe two answers on a good day. Most days, nothing.

Wondering if I'm just on the wrong board, have the wrong storylines, or should just keep my feelings/thoughts to myself.
  2. mrpain

mrpain New Member

What time of day do you usually come on the board? I'm usually on it late at night. Got off of it around 1am last night. I usually don't go past the first page. It could be your thread or post is on the second or third page by the time I get here.

It's early for me to be on today, but then again it is Saturday and everyone is home today which changes things up here.

I read your profile and we have a lot in common. Nice to meet you and I'll keep my eyes open better from now on. Take care!
  3. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

I know it can get to a person. The thing is, maybe the board is moving too fast as I don't recall seeing any of your posts, but guess what, I am going to search and look. You can keep bumping your own posts and say Will someone answer!

I know the board tends to have cliques too. No matter what, we are divided rather into groups. I think that often some really important posts get overlooked re research and stuff, or maybe people read them and do not acknowledge-I try to at least type in a bump or a tx. Then I think some of the Agony Aunt type of posts get a lot of lookers. Maybe it is because a lot of us are really lonely and this is the only chit chat we get.

I have some people I just stopped responding to as they were not oin my loop of thinking at all.

I just pulled off another board here as I felt it has far too right wing a slant for me to even be there, and I do not like feeling that way, as if what I have to say is insignificant, but some groups do commandeer, and yes, one can feel very pushed out. Very vocal groups can make others feel intimidated to even express an opinion that may go against their staunch and often misguided beliefs. It can be their way or no way for sure.

I will try and look for your posts in future and answer them, as I feel everyone has something important to share. And I agree with you that these cliques are annoying, and I have been considering pulling off this board as I get to feel overwhelmed by them myself, even though a do get several replies normally, I do try and go down the boards and give replies to those who seem to get none.

We all need to watch this trend and make sure ALL are included. I just checked ypur posts and actually see you do usually get more than six, which is pretty good for a fast moving board. I rarely get more than that, and like you I do respond a lot. I think some of the long reply ones also are too long for people to read so they only read a couple of the answers.

Love Anne Cromwell
    [This Message was Edited on 07/29/2006]
  4. tamsyn

tamsyn Member

Hi; sorry this has been happening -- but don't take it personally. This board moves fast and many of us don't have the time or stamina to get throguh a whole lot of pages. So once your post gets onto page 2 or 3 (and that happens fast) it might not be getting read. try bumping your posts to the front. good luck!
  5. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

I must agree w/ the above observations. Also, there have been some posts on this topic in the last few months.

Suggestions like, use lots of paragraphs so people can read the post despite vision or brain fog problems.

Use a specific title. "Too much salt in your diet?" instead of something vague like "A problem".

I knew when I posted my "play" regarding people who don't get it, that it was too long for many of our members to read. But I did it anyway.

When nobody responded I changed the title to "No one is reading my Play".

Are you talking about responding to an existing thread or starting a new one?

Anyway, I will look for your posts in the future and send you cheerful, if goofy, replies.
  6. Lolalee

Lolalee New Member

Pepper, when I read your post I wondered if I had been guilty of not responding to your previous posts so I looked at your profile. I'm sorry but I'm at a loss as to which posts you are referring to. It looks like you have had many responses to recent posts. Maybe I didn't look far down enough.

When I don't get a response to a post, I bump my post a time or two, but I don't let it hurt my feelings. I realize that everyone on this board is ill and most people will respond to posts that they can identify with.

As for me, I have a very difficult time with long post, so I usually have to pass on those unfortunately.

Lolalee
  7. nice2meetu

nice2meetu New Member

I don't get a whole lot of responses either. Yes, at first it kind of bugged me. But i realize that some people have been on this board forever and of course their friendship bond is stronger.

I also agree with the other posters the board moves way fast! You can always bump your own post if it got passed by.

I usually don't like to read real lengthy posts due to some fibro-eye problems. And my attention span is like that of an ant!

Its real nice to meet you :)
  8. TAM

TAM New Member

HI Peppergirl52,

So sorry thats been happening to you, i'll keep an eye out for your posts and i'll be sure to answer it!

So don't leave the board just yet give it some more time, Take care, Tammy.
  9. libra55

libra55 New Member

Please, please don't leave us. This board is just flying lately. Posts end up on the second or third page within minutes, it seems.

Lately I have just been lurking. Somedays I don't have the energy to write a post.

I probably completely missed your original post.

I am feeling overwhelmed a lot with this board in general, there are many posts and I would love to respond to all but that's impossible. Like Anne I am trying to be somewhat selective in the posts I do respond to. Yes, there are cliques here.

I see in your profile you make jewelry; my daughter enjoys crafting jewelry also, she has taken courses in it and is starting college in the fall as an Art Major.

I just wanted to say I'm sorry if you felt slighted, I think it happens to all of us here at one time or another.

((((((Hugs)))))
    Michelle

10. sfrazier

sfrazier New Member

Pepper when I first started to post I would maybe get a few responses and then it would end up on the second or third page and after that no responses. It bothered me too at first but then I started to notice that if someone really wanted their post answered they were the ones that would bump it. Lately I have been getting better responses because I think my title is more to the point of what I am wondering about. I think also it depends on what your post is about. On this board there are so many different post that I might read them but if there it does not pertain to what is going on with me or what i know about I won't post. The other reason I might not post is that whatever I might have been going to post someone else has. Anyways I'll keep my eyes out for your posts. Sorry you feel so bad but keep trying and good luck......SueS
  11. tata1580

tata1580 New Member

I am guilty of not replying to a lot of post. I am still pretty new here I am trying to read and learn as much as possible. I also have a problem sticking with a very long post. Please don't leave.. I feel I am leaning something from every one here and I am very grateful!!

Tami
  12. tandy

tandy New Member

Nobodys posts should go unanswered here!!!
    and it ticks me off when they do!

exactly why I posted to be a BUMPER!
    when we see posts already flying onto page 2 without a response,...
    Take a second of your time and BUMP it back up!!

it means alot to everyone of us to get answers to our posts!
    It varys big time for me. I've had huge responses to some posts,..and none to others.???

Thanks for bringing this up Peppergirl~

Hopefully we're all here to GIVE and RECIEVE support~?
    Hugs
    Tandy
  13. carebelle

carebelle New Member

Just stick with it.It's summer a lot of people are in and out so they don't have time to read a lot. Also" bump"your own post,sometimes I may not see one the first few times around but if it comes around again I'll see it.

I'm sure its nothing wrong with your post its just in the timeing and if the board goes fast we miss a lot.
  14. pammy52

pammy52 New Member

Sorry you are feeling left out.

I have just started coming back here to read and post and sometimes feel as you do.
    There are times I read a post and want to respond but I am just too tired or foggy or in a funk.
    I have even had times I begin a response and then delete it because I just can't get my thoughts down or it seems as though others have pretty much said what I feel.

I too have posted and hoped for more responses but try not to take it personally.
    Depending on the day or moment...it can bug me or not matter at all.

All we can do is try to help each other out by bumping or bump ourselves or re-post with a diff. title.

I tend to forget my own posts at times and have to go check my profile to see what I put out there to get input on.
    Always feel badly when I see a post like yours...and hope not to contribute to anyones frustration here.

Hugs, Pammy
  15. JulieO

JulieO New Member

I've only ever visited/posted on two other message boards. One for weight loss surgery & the other was fantasy sports. Quite a combo there, eh? Anyway, I've noticed that all 3 message boards have some things in common. First, it seems like the ones pertaining to personal stories & OT issues often get more attention than the ones with on-topic content. I think it's human nature to want to hear about other people's lives. Second, the more time & effort you put into message boards, the more you get out of them overall.

On this board, if I have something that I really want people to read I will bump it up to get more exposure. I've also tried changing the subject line to something that best descibes why I'm posting. I've encountered several occasions where folks have bumped for me...How nice is that?? :) If I don't get many responses I just figure that no one had anything to add on the topic & move on with things. If I'm providing information I assume the person who posted will see it. Maybe I make a lot of assumptions but with being sick & all, I don't have the time & motivation to follow up on things like I once did.

My concentration abilities right now are simply horrendous. I pull up a lot of posts & just sit here for a moment before having to move on. On the same note, my posts are typically (not always) really abbreviated. I usually have TONS more I'd *like* to add but just seem to lack the time & energy to do so. I'm trying very hard on my return to work, etc. so I have other things to focus on since I can't do it all these days. It sucks & I hate it but it's my reality.

Also I go through periods where I can't even sit at the computer, much less read & post. So I've just dropped off completely before...and have probably missed posts.

In general, I've learned to not really expect much from people that I don't know very well. Rather than being upset that people don't meet up to my expections, I am always really grateful & happy when someone helps me in some way. And this message board is wonderful, in that there are a lot of amazing, caring & intelligent people. Even though I don't post on here much, I've found that there is always someone who wants to help if they can. I love helping people too, but I'm limited right now as to how much I have to give because my energy needs to be focused on other things. Again, it sucks, but I have had to reprioritize my life with this illness.

Anyway, I wish you the best in finding the attention & support that you need. Have you considered a local "real-life" support group? You might get the support/help you are looking for if you actually meet the people and develop friendships with them--something much harder to do online.
    [This Message was Edited on 07/29/2006]
  16. AbbeyMae

AbbeyMae New Member

I live right outside of Tucson and I am going through the same thing.

I feel like I am not in the "Cliche". So I know how you feel.

I did a thread on a "Good Reading Article--Mycoplasma. I had to keep bumping it. I finally got two posts/replies.
    So today there was a thread of everyones pertaining articles to our DD and/or treatments. So I copied and pasted it there along with others and titled mine differently. So maybe someone will read it due to being a post/reply under someone else's thread.

So then I went to edit the title to Mycoplasma Contagious?? I accidentally deleted it when I tried to edit it, I hit delete instead of edit and poof it went. I did not went to copy and paste it again when know one wanted to reply/read/ and give any feedback.

"OT" BTW, Do you have any health professionals to recommend in this area? I presently have a medicare advantage HMO by the name of AP/IPA Personal Care Plus and AHCCCs. I live with a friend which is a help financially.

I don't see how I can live on my own with $668.00 SSDI monthly check. Just recently my EX-husband had is wages garnished in INDIANA when he went back to work. The state of Illinois is paying me "back arrears" of child support. DES did not count this as income because it is money owed to me.

With SSI/MAO, they quoted, "that it is income". Last year when I was getting "back arrears", from the state of AZ, they first cut me off. Then Illinois took over and I had signed a record of release to my caseworker, from/for Illinois DES, and they reinstated me,(Go Figure).

I had just sent in my renewal form for SSI/MAO which qualified me for QMB which stands for qualified medicare beneficiary. That qualifies me for my insurance with the State paying for Medicare payment along with AHCCCS(state Medicaid)with the income I provided them with (My SSDI monthly check).

I have to report these "back arrears" checks. If I lose my insurance, I don't know what I will do. "The day after" I mailed my renewal form with proof of income (SSDI) check I get a "back arrears check", and sill have not notified SSI/MAO, but I have not cashed the checks yet. I have been procrastinating this because of FEAR of losing my insurance benefits.

I'll make myself do this next week. I don't want to get in trouble. Sorry about rambling on. It is nice to know someone on this message board lives so close to me.

Love and hugs,

AbbeMmae
  17. lilaclover30

lilaclover30 New Member

Yes, there are cliques - I'm not in it. They are also in Chat Room. I get on there and finally log off as no one will respond - too many cliques.

But do as some of the gals above said ----bump and bump again. i do.

I don't get on as much as I would like. My eyes get sooo tired, my hands hut and I get so tired. Sorry.

You are just as important as everyone else. Please don't give up. Many of us do get tired when on.

Enjoy the board and -----bump, bumpbump

We love you.

Gentle Hugsd
  18. lilaclover30

lilaclover30 New Member

for a sweet lady.

Joan
  19. joanng

joanng New Member

Don't take it personally. Just bump, bump and bump some more. I didn't think it was "right" to bump your own posts but when you need help, bump away. I try to answer posts but only if they have to do with some health related. I won't play games or use this board as a personal chat tool though. Don't leave! You're in the right place and there are a lot of VERY knowledgeable people here, just try to be patient.
  20. PepperGirl52

PepperGirl52 New Member

them! Was too embarassed to keep them on the board!

I totally understand not sitting here all day and reading and responding to every single post. I can't do it, and I certainly don't expect anyone else to, either.

I guess right now, after having gone through a horrid surgery, trying to recover, getting cabin fever like crazy, I need a distraction and a few friends. And it just ain't happening here! HA.

But, what can you do? Not much. I try to respond to those posts who have few responses, because I know how it feels, and when someone is really hurting physically or mentally, just a few words can make a huge difference in their life.

But when you come often, and it's the same old thing EVERY TIME, it gets old. Just feeling a bit sorry for myself right now. Thanks for the responses! I appreciate that-you all are great bandaids for a bleeding heart!! PG