Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by momof27, Jun 2, 2008.

1. momof27

momof27 New Member

I don't have a doc ( regularly) I don't have ins. so what do you do if your in my boat??? I only have this board and me.
    [This Message was Edited on 06/04/2008]
  2. zenouchy

zenouchy Member

Very sorry to hear you are struggling with muscle pain and weakness. Have you talked to your doctor about this? If the conditioning is worsening as you are describing, I would see a doctor pretty fast to determine what is going on.

You might want to post this on the fibro board also to see if others have experienced this. I would call your primary care doc and ask him/her if you should see a neurologist or rheumatologist (sp?). Either way, I would definitely see a doctor soon.

I hope you feel much better very soon.

Warm hugs, Erika
  3. doloresf1

doloresf1 New Member

I'm dealing with similar symptoms. I've got some orthopedic stuff going on along with my fibro. I see my doctor on Thursday. He usually sends me to physical therapy for this.

I agree, you need to check in with your doctor. You need some medical intervention. Maybe PT.

4. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

I know this is going to sound overly simplistic but I learned about it here on the board.

If you're not already, start taking a balanced magnesium/calcium/zinc supplement twice a day.

Mine is even a cheap store brand, but after taking this for awhile, I notice that almost all of my muscle pain was gone.

It's a wonderful mineral we're all deficient in and can't get the amounts we need from food.

For more information there's a book called, "The Miracle of Magnesium" out there that was very helpful to me.

This combo works in balanced form only and if you take a separate calcium supplement, you'll need to eliminate it to get the benefits.

5. dragon06

dragon06 New Member

I am not sure what to do in your boat. Can you at least afford to see a doc and then maybe get prescriptions through assistance programs? Or do you qualify for medicare/medicaid? Is there a free clinic you could go to?

The reason I ask these questions is cause I deal with my pain by prescriptions.
  6. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

I have been meaning to reply for a while to this. Epsom salts at three times normal amount in a bathtub can really help (rinse off afterwards though)

PLEASE please try taking cheap old Vitamin D3 at 1,000 mg per day.

Are you taking any acid stomach meds? If so, they challenge the absorbtion of calcium bound to D3 so taking the D3 will often really really ease the muscle pain. They are cheap pills to take, chew mine and swallow with water. Also the sublingual B12 they sell at Prohealth is very benificial. This is from a sceptic on supplements too!!!

If you can get a scrip for amytryptiline or Librax as chorclidinium (both generic and cheap at Walmart etc.)and take at bedtime, this can help a lot too. As I have stomach issues I prefer the Clinidium as it helps relax the stomach as well as easing sleep and helping muscle pains. They are $4 a scrip at Walmart.

Love Annie
  7. stick2013

stick2013 Member

I know that most of you will read this post and probably want to scream at me....I will apologize now. I mean no harm.

I too have fibro, I was diagnosed about 10 yrs ago. I went to see a Rhumey that Dx'ed me and told me that he would NOT give me any medication because what works is exercise, 30 minutes of aerobic, really sweating exercise a day. I left there crying. I went to another Dr. She gave me pills. Ok so they do help....

I finally had to go back to the Rhuemy. He once again told me 30 minutes of sweating exercise is the ONLY way to do this. So I tried. I wanted to die for the first several weeks. The pain in my body was unbearable, but I pushed through it and took the pain pills, and muscle relaxers my other dr gave me to get some sleep at night.

After several weeks I noticed an improvement. I now can say this...Exercise does work for Fibro. Yes I still have flares, and I don't exercise everyday, but I do work a fairly physical job.

I guess the old saying...Use it or lose it could apply.
  8. a heating pad helps and stretching exercises, there are ones on pbs in the mornings, but go easy at first. advil is my friend, you can take more than it says, ask your pharmacist . good luck, my neck and low back are my worst problems.
  9. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

but I hafta tell you I have been a health nut, runner, contestant hurdler, etc most of my life when I got this DD. I still exercise but still have terrible pain. I do think it can help a little for some, and also that for others the flares are what is bringing the pain on, and we can do well between flares. F9r others it is constant.

People often say healthy diet and water etc but we have always eaten healthy organic foods, water, too. I was eating this diet when hardly anyone else was.

There is a lot of thought that this DD is linked to IBS and therefore the link between depletion of vitamins and minerals may play in, esp. if we take meds for the former.

Whatever, some people are helped by exercise and some cannot even begin, they are in such pain, and for others (like me) maybe exercise contributed to the pain. Though I still exercise. It is always worth trying changes just to see if it helps. Water exercise is a good start as the water supports the body.

Love Annie
  10. PVLady

PVLady New Member

Have you tried the hot bath with epsom salt and peroxide. You can buy large amounts of epsom salt and peroxide very cheap at Costco or Sam's Club.

There is a recipe in the board if you search. It really does help. Also, my husband has alot of aches and pains and recently started taking 1 tablespoon 3 X day of apple cider vinigar. He bought it at the health food store. It is organic and made by Bragg Co.

He thinks it has really helped. If you don't have health coverage can you apply for state coverage? Also, many city's have medical clinics that are free and you can just walk in. You may have to wait a while, but you will see a doctor.

11. momof27

momof27 New Member

12. monica33flowers

monica33flowers New Member

I'm so happy for you!

I would really use some of the vitamins they list here in your post. I can tell a huge difference just from the vitamins I started taking every day.

About a week ago I missed a few days of not taking my vitamins and I could tell a huge difference.