.........How do you feel after eating.......

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by OptimusUndead, Dec 22, 2005.

1. OptimusUndead

OptimusUndead Member

I would like to see how everyone feels after eating?

some examples

- feeling tired after eating especially large amounts of food
    (cross between a low blood sugar affect or low blood pressure where you get tired and possibly more cold (hands feet) and irritable)

- Maybe you feel fine after eating?

- Maybe It depends on what you eat.

- mood changes

-immediate bad digestion, pulsating, acidic feeling, acid reflux......

I was actually feeling decent today, and had a Tuna sandwhich, and 10 minutes later i felt like dropping, couldn't talk, and got very irritable!... Nothing new for me, but it just got me thinking....personally i'm always tired after eating.

I was initially diagnosed with low-blood sugar, which i always thought to be the only reason for the effects of it, but i dont think so anymore. Or maybe from CFS/FIBRO initially....

I've been studying Dr. Whitcombs methods to attack Upper Cervical Spinal Stenosis which is clenching or shortening of the spinal chord opening...It is the spinal stenosis, but it's caused by movement of the first vertebrae up against the meninges......this would explain why after eating this happens....
  2. doxygirl

doxygirl New Member

Also it is hard for me to eat very much food!

No one can believe how little I eat, probably because I keep gaining weight, when I hardly eat!

My husbands boss gave us "outback steakhouse" gift cards so we went there for dinner..............We ordered an appetizer "only because we had gift cards"!LOL

I only ate ONE chicken wing, and a small dinner salad and I felt like I was going to lose it all! ( if you know what I mean)? When my dinner came I had to have it boxed up and brought it home........there was no way I could eat it!

It is always like this................. I get hungry...................... but can't eat much and when I do eat even little amounts I usually feel sick after!

Hugs
    Doxy
  3. DLsGroovyMoM

DLsGroovyMoM New Member

like crap!!!

I have always been a VERY BIG eater...my hubby always made fun of me saying it was scarey that I could out eat him...Lately though things have changed and he was the first to notice. I get so freakin' hungery my stomach hurts so I eat, but I get totally stuffed after just a few bites and then I get so sleepy and irritable, I have even had to pretty much stop eating while at work (3rd shift) b/c I get so sleepy that even with my provigil I have been known to nod off...and that is not good!. Everyone says I look like I am losing weight, I dont' think I am as my clothes still fit the same...sure do which I would for as little as I am eating now days.

I've had my sugar levels tested many times and they always say things are fine so I am not sure what is up.

Amy
  4. Empower

Empower New Member

I am the same way

I have low blood sugar and if I eat too much at one time, I get exhausted and feel lousy very shortly after I eat, so it is not my blood sugar going to low, because I check it with a meter.

People make fun of me too, because I eat soup and a salad and I am DONE for the meal, but hungry two hours later

I have NO idea what this is, but SURE WOULD LIKE TO KNOW!
  5. sdown

sdown New Member

Have you tried acidophulus and bifidus? I take 1 tablet 1/2 hr before meals. It helps return the friendly bacteria in your gut and this aids in digestion. Also you might want to check out this site or your local health store to see what they offer for digestive enzymes.
  6. Shannonsparkles

Shannonsparkles New Member

Sometimes I feel heavey and more tired after eating. Mostly though, I feel okay, often more settled and focused if I was feeling crummy before. While I'm eating I'm distracted from whatever's going on with me, so I eat slowly and make it last. I eat small meals several times a day, healthy stuff like fish and salad and nuts, or maybe some vegetable soup. All homemade. And yes, it's a huge pain in the butt to eat like this and give up all the stuff I REALLY want to eat. But I feel worse when I fudge on my diet, so I have to stick to it. I take a LOT of digestive enzymes with my meals, a good brand with a wide variety of enzymes and bile added, one or two with everything I eat. I drink a lot of water too.
  7. Shannonsparkles

Shannonsparkles New Member

... doing the candida diet. It helps heal the digestive system and kill harmful yeasts in our guts, and can lessen symptoms like brain fog and depression. I started off with it several months ago, and since starting it, I feel like I've climbed out of a big, dark hole. Such a difference on it. And since doing it, I can digest things that would lay me flat out before. It doesn't cost more than regular food, and anyone can do it. You can find cookbooks for it in the library.

Another thing that continues to be a big help to me is keeping a food journal. You write it what you ate, when you ate it, and how you feel. Also, make short notes about how you are sleeping, mood, etc. This will help you notice foods that are a problem for you, and which ones are okay.
  8. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

It is nigh impossible to get mercury-free tuna...that's probably making you sick. All ocean waters have a lot of mercury, so it's hard to get any fish that can be guaranteed mercury-free. Just my 2 cents.