How do you feel on windy days?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Beadlady, Sep 10, 2012.

1. Beadlady

Beadlady Member

It is really windy here {wish it would stop--many fires going on}. Days like this make me feel nervous and I feel like my blood pressure is high, but it isn't.

Just curious to see if the wind effects others too.

Take care all,

2. hermitlady

hermitlady Member

Thank heavens for my Ativan, cuz I am always a jumpy, anxious pile of nerves on windy days. I'm in So Cal and we get some SERIOUS wind action (Santa Ana winds tip Semi Trucks over like they are toys).

Anyway, it is over stimulating for me, the noise, the air. I don't know if ions change from the wind, barometric pressure or what happens (never looked into it) but it surely makes me 6itchier than normal!
  3. Saoirse3

Saoirse3 Member

when the arctic air comes blasting over the mountains, I get really nervous and jumpy. You can hear the wind howling everywhere, like a pack of wolves (come to think of it, we have THOSE too! lol!). Now I KNOW this is going to sound crazy, but I'm constantly scanning the sky for birds. If I don't see birds flying, I get REALLY nervous! Anchorage just about got blown off the planet last week. We're used to it in the mountains, but the city went nutz with trees everywhere, no power - it was like Isaac took a trip north! Snow and blizzards we can get through. THIS is not even fall yet, we still have leaves! I don't WANT to see winter! Hopefully, it will be our last one here.

Soft hugs,
  4. Saoirse3

Saoirse3 Member

Lived in San Diego for 12 years and I used to HATE those winds! People forget San Diego was built on DESERT!