How do you feel physically when you are herxing?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by teller7, Jun 13, 2008.

1. teller7

teller7 New Member

I may have asked this question before but there are so many new people on here that I would like to know how they feel when they are herxing.
  2. kbak

kbak Member

I am in terrible pain, ache, feels like the flu. No fun!

3. Slayadragon

Slayadragon New Member

"Herxing" is accurately related to bacteria die-off, so I'm talking about antibiotics (doxy or minocin) here.

Extreme cognitive dysfunction, psychotic (objects seem to move), thoughts jump randomly to one from the next, huge bursts of temper, need to be in be 24/7. Exhaustion. Inability to move. Feeling like I'm dying.

This was after one capsule (100 mg).

Smaller amounts compounded down to 15 mg had a less dramatic reaction, but still the same sort.

This is especially weird since I am otherwise a lot less sick than a lot of people on this board.

Antivirals make me tired and sap my strength, and create mild mental and emotional impairment. Nothing like the antibiotics though. (I've only used a mild one in a low dose though.)
  4. deb_46

deb_46 New Member

I went through about two solid years of herxing trying to beat candida and literally did not think I would survive. For me, it's as the others have said, body aches, headaches and I always had pain in between my shoulder blades which I think relates to liver being stressed.