How do you fight off a flare?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by connieaag, Jan 15, 2007.

1. connieaag

connieaag New Member

My daughter feels a flare coming on, and I can see it in her disposition the last two days. She had been doing SO WELL the last couple weeks, and even though we were limiting her activity on those good days in an effort to keep her feeling well, she is going down hill again.

I started her on 1000mg of Valtrex today to try to fight it off. Any other ideas to ward off or lessen flares before they get you completely down?

Thanks. Connie
  2. AllWXRider

AllWXRider New Member

"Viruses breath sugar" William Wong N.D. also Candida Yeast likes it too. Try Stevia as a sweetener, its an herb and it does taste different. Try adding 1/2 sugar to any dessert recipe, I can barely tell the difference...but that still doesn't convince my daughter, who does most of the tempting cooking.

Eating an allegen will make my flares worse.

Letting myself get cold makes things worse, conversely a hot bath and basking under a heat lamp helps.

Olive Leaf extract seems to kill lots of viruses. Enzymes eat at the isoprin coating of certain viruses.
  3. Slayadragon

Slayadragon New Member

ProBoost, maybe? You must think it's viral if you're trying Valtrex.

Other more common remedies to the boost the immune system: Sambucol elderberry syrup (CherylSue likes this), goldenseal

I'll check this thread again to see if you have more questions.
  4. kriket

kriket New Member

Try to stay away from people.(stress)

Soak in the tub with a whole carton/pack of epsom salts about 2-3 times in a 1-2 day period.

Rest. Try not to move around a whole lot. Who has the extra energy anyway when your sooo tired and in sooo much pain.

Keep your pain med.'s in your system.

Moist heating pads on the areas that hurt the worst.

This is what all I do when trying to fight off a flare.

Kriket