how do you find being woken up?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by evol_or_revert, Dec 11, 2006.

1. evol_or_revert

evol_or_revert New Member

Seems like a bit of a random question here.

If I wake up by myself the last few weeks Ive been ready to face the day and everything goes pretty well.

But like the last two days if I'm woken up by such thing as a noisy alarm (5.45am) then go back to sleep, I wake up a second time feeling horrible. Today especially I feel sore all over and my eyes feel irritated.

does anyone else find this kind of thing?

evol
  2. harrysmom

harrysmom Member

Yes. Same here. Also being awakened suddenly can make me panic.

Harrysmom
  3. charlenef

charlenef New Member

last night my husband woke me up 2x the second time i was not plesant any called him a name(so unlike me) so i guess angry for me charlene
  4. nerdieduckie

nerdieduckie New Member

It's not safe to wake me up. My parents learned this after 17 years (finally..). I began threatening to throw things. (I sleep on a bunk bed and have several stuffed animals at hand.) So they pretty much let me wake up on my own.

If I get woken up by people, I get extremely cranky and angry and am in a horrible mood the whole day. If I get woken up by a sudden sound like an early phone call or a noisy car outside, my heart starts racing and it takes me forever to get back to sleep.

I've also found waking up on my own keeps the lunesta depression at bay. Guess as long as I start the day off right...started it with cheesecake filling yesterday ^_^
  5. leubie

leubie New Member

hey evol---------yes i DO NOT DO WELL if i awaken suddenly---------panic,pain and etc-------im not sure why this happens------but you are not alone----------sorry if my spelling is not right(pain/fog)-----TAKE CARE---LOVE TO ALL-----LAura
  6. Empower

Empower New Member

I agree with another post - it is not safe to wake me up

I am EXTREMELY cranky and irritable and remain that way all day
  7. Slayadragon

Slayadragon New Member

Setting my alarm clock makes me extremely anxious.....to the point that I sleep so poorly that I am awake long before the alarm goes off.

I usually sleep fine.

I do not know if being awakened by the alarm is worse or better than not getting enough sleep, but waking up to the alarm is a very unpleasant feeling to me and puts me off balance for my whole day.

Before I got CFS, being woken up by an alarm did not bother me at all.

I do not understand this phenomenon, but I guess it is good to know that I am not alone.
  8. evol_or_revert

evol_or_revert New Member

Thanks for the replys everyone!

I'm glad to know im not the only weird one ;).

I am pretty lucky at the moment im on hoilday with nothing important to do, So today I just lay about in bed, dozing on and off, got up for my 10min walk in the afternoon, and had a lovey furit salad for luch. so all in all i have it pretty good at the moment.

Tomorrow im going to just get up when bf's alarm goes off instead of trying to go back to sleep i'll see how that goes.
    even though that is 5.45am ahh

evol
  9. kriket

kriket New Member

IS A NO-NO. If I wake up on my own, I'm fine. Now if someone rudely interrupts my sleep, I'm pissed. I usually get a really bad headache if I am awakened suddenly. Sleep is one of the most valuable posssesions I have, and if someone takes it away from me, they are on my bad side for awhile!!! LOL

Kriket
  10. Lynna62

Lynna62 New Member

I FIND my bat and hit the idiot over the head with it!!!!!
    j/k.

I have been known to travel for 2 hours to go spend a night or 2 with my best friend (her spare room is soooo quiet!)
    if my family is not good about letting me get the sleep I need.

Also, I try to get an early start since I never know if I will be up in the middle of the night. I take my sleep meds around 7pm and am usually asleep by 8:30 or 9:00.

Lynna