How do you find doctor in your area?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by kaymac, Aug 28, 2006.

1. kaymac

kaymac New Member

How do you go about finding the right MD or rheumie in your area that sees those with our DD?

I was told to look in Little Rock Arkansas? Where do I go online to see if any doctor there is good with FM/cfids?

kaymac
  2. Adl123

Adl123 New Member

Dear Kaymac,
    Well, I'm still kind of looking, but this is what I've done:

I first asked a Dr. I liked if he knew of any similar doctors in my new area. He didn't.

Then I asked my Chiro, and she had news of one from a former patient. I went to him, and, even though he doesn't treat some of my illnesses, he does treat my basic ones and is understanding and open minded about the others. I still go to him.

For the DD's, the only one I've found in an acupuncturist who is also a Chinesse Medical Dr.. No one else around here , even the Rheumies, will touch CFIDS/Fibro.

By talking to people, I located the Dr. who trained the good one who diagnosed me, but he is over an hour away, and I have to pay out of pocket, so I can't go to him. At least he's there, though, in case I ever come into some money.

Good luck in your search.
    Terry
  3. Marta608

Marta608 Member

Kaymac and Terry, if you go to this board's HOME page (at the top left) and look hard you'll find a link to the Good Doctor list. This is a list of doctors by state who have either been recommended by patients or have recommened themselves.

Otherwise it's trial and error. I've found that most doctors here in Michigan say they treat CFS/FM but they really aren't that well informed. If you're not lucky enough to be near one who really understands the illness, the best course of action is to find a doctor who'll listen and treat you with respect, then go from there.

Good luck!

Marta
    [This Message was Edited on 08/28/2006]
  4. kaymac

kaymac New Member

Thank you, I did find the good doctor list and found a couple of names that I may call. I really just didn't look around on this site, but thank you for leading me there!

kaymac