How do you get ATP tested?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by malgal, Jun 7, 2009.

1. malgal

malgal Member

hi-
    my brain (what's left of it) is going to explode from all the info., but i am curious as how i might go about having ATP tested and might my dr. (who is familiar w/cfs) know anything about this test? or, is this one of those obscure things you have to educate your dr. on?
    is it a blood test? is it worth looking into?
    i don't think i have it in me anymore to find my own therapies, tests, etc.

also, i'm not getting e-mail responses to my posts--do they not provide that anymore?

thanks a lot!
  2. simpsons

simpsons Member

dr myhill does these but you can go through acumen dr john maclaren howard on + 44 (0) 77707 877 175
  3. nink

nink New Member

I hadn't thought about it, but I'm not getting emails when someone has responded to one of my posts either. Guess that's another fact of life with the new board. I just have to keep an eye on my post and try to remember the # of responses to see if there is a new one.
  4. panthere

panthere Member

I just got interested in doing the same test! However, I was really bumbed out when I saw this posted on Dr. Myhill's website:

MESSAGE FOR NON-UK RESIDENTS APRIL 2009
    THE AVAILABILITY OF THE MITOCHONDRIAL FUNCTION PROFILE TO NON-UK RESIDENTS SUSPENDED

The publication of the article "Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and Mitochondrial Dysfunction" in the Journal of Clinical and Experimental Medicine in January 09 has created a huge amount of interest in the Mitochondrial Function Profile and resulted in very many test orders from around the world. Whilst I am delighted to be able to help as many sufferers as I possibly can, the volume of orders coming to my practice is threatening to exceed the capacity of both the laboratory that does them and my practice. Therefore I have reluctantly decided that for the time being I am suspending the availability of the Mitochondrial Function Profile to non-UK residents. This situation may change in the future and any change will be announced on my website.

I guess we are out of luck. Anyone know of any doctor in US who does this???
  5. malgal

malgal Member

thank you.
    yes, dr.s (and/or labs) in the U.S. who provide this test?
    anyone in the states have this test?

y'all seem to have some really helpful and cfs educated dr.s
    i am finding my dr. has very little knowledge of the latest cfs information and treatments, though she is known as being "up" on things.
    anyone have a recommendation for a dr. in chicago area?
    thanks.