How do you get ATP tested?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by malgal, Jun 7, 2009.

  1. malgal

    malgal Member

    my brain (what's left of it) is going to explode from all the info., but i am curious as how i might go about having ATP tested and might my dr. (who is familiar w/cfs) know anything about this test? or, is this one of those obscure things you have to educate your dr. on?
    is it a blood test? is it worth looking into?
    i don't think i have it in me anymore to find my own therapies, tests, etc.

    also, i'm not getting e-mail responses to my posts--do they not provide that anymore?

    thanks a lot!
  2. simpsons

    simpsons Member

    dr myhill does these but you can go through acumen dr john maclaren howard on + 44 (0) 77707 877 175
  3. nink

    nink New Member

    I hadn't thought about it, but I'm not getting emails when someone has responded to one of my posts either. Guess that's another fact of life with the new board. I just have to keep an eye on my post and try to remember the # of responses to see if there is a new one.
  4. panthere

    panthere Member

    I just got interested in doing the same test! However, I was really bumbed out when I saw this posted on Dr. Myhill's website:


    The publication of the article "Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and Mitochondrial Dysfunction" in the Journal of Clinical and Experimental Medicine in January 09 has created a huge amount of interest in the Mitochondrial Function Profile and resulted in very many test orders from around the world. Whilst I am delighted to be able to help as many sufferers as I possibly can, the volume of orders coming to my practice is threatening to exceed the capacity of both the laboratory that does them and my practice. Therefore I have reluctantly decided that for the time being I am suspending the availability of the Mitochondrial Function Profile to non-UK residents. This situation may change in the future and any change will be announced on my website.

    I guess we are out of luck. Anyone know of any doctor in US who does this???
  5. malgal

    malgal Member

    thank you.
    yes, dr.s (and/or labs) in the U.S. who provide this test?
    anyone in the states have this test?

    y'all seem to have some really helpful and cfs educated dr.s
    i am finding my dr. has very little knowledge of the latest cfs information and treatments, though she is known as being "up" on things.
    anyone have a recommendation for a dr. in chicago area?

[ advertisement ]