Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by hensue, Jun 14, 2009.

1. hensue

hensue New Member

The tramadol makes me so tired but the ultram helps pain and gives me energy. I know tramadol is the generic so what is the difference in the two drugs?
  2. mlbbarry

mlbbarry New Member

Yes I do believe the two are suppose to be the same, but sometimes the name brand works better, who knows why. All you should have to do is have your doc write a script for Ultram, and then sign on the line that says no substitutions. Ultram has a website and if you get the new drug Ultram ER which is the extended release they have a discount thing for you which makes it 10 bucks after insurance. Name brands can be very costly. Good luck. Monica
  3. jmq

jmq New Member

tramadol and ultram and I think they feel the same. It is the only pain medication that keeps my pain under control ( most days )

I think your doctor has to put if you must have generic or not. Of course the non-generic will cost more.

[This Message was Edited on 06/16/2009]
  4. Bailey-smom

Bailey-smom New Member

Ultram has tylenol & Tramadol does not. I already take a script with tylenol so that is why I take the tramadol instead. May be why it helps you:)
  5. mlbbarry

mlbbarry New Member

Hello Bailey, I think you might be mistaken here. Ultram is the same as Tramadol, Ultracet is Ultram with tylenol. I am fairly certain of this, and better be right as I have been taking it 3 years and have a liver condition, and not allowed to take tylenol. I did double check this, but let me know if you still find it differently.

Have a great day,

6. YiuTaiTai

YiuTaiTai New Member

You're right. Ultracet is the one with tylenol. I had this discussion with my doctor. We argued...I won. :) *proud*