How do you handle plane jet lag?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by fibrohugslife, Jan 2, 2006.

1. fibrohugslife

fibrohugslife New Member

Well I got back from my holiday trip on Thursday and came home with a cold from the east coast. I have been sick with this cold, the normal aches and pains on top of that along with the worse fibro fog ever. The plane rides were uncomfortable of course, they just do not make seats for a 6'1 woman with legs room except for the exits and those are the first ones gone. My legs cramped up so bad and my muscles were cramming up amd causing more pain that I thought I was going to jump out of the pain.

I have been spending a lot of time stretching and doing Yoga exercises to loosen my tightness along with take Baclofen to relax my muscles.

Is there anything else that you do to combat coming back traveling? Besides considering paying for first class in the future but can't afford that LOL.

I will be traveling more this year, so any tips from you that travel would be great.

My trip were nice, I went to Philly to see family that I have not seen in ages, and visit a new boyfriend in NY *smile*.

Thanks,
    Nicole

2. fibrohugslife

fibrohugslife New Member

3. katykat24

katykat24 New Member

i rest a lot that day , the day before, and the day after (longer if need be). alos, i use lavender, and some travel herb things.

*goes to search for it*

they are bath and body works roll ons

lavender helps with pain (sometimes more than my pain meds)

the travel one has ginger, grapefruite and bergamot

helped me with my fatigue and stress. my parents gave it to me for xmas cuz i left on the 29th to come to dc (where i am now)

nothing will stop me from travelling, goshdarnit!! lol
  4. ksp56

ksp56 Member

Take a large bottle of water to keep hydrated. Do not use the BLANKETS, unless you role it up to put behind your back!

Flex your body, whether in your seat or taking a walk up and down the aisle. Hey, you might make some new friends! LOL

There are products made to be taken before flying, which help reduce the germs of the cabin air that circulate. If there are parts of your body you KNOW will ache as soon as you are in the air, take the heat patches sold at drugstores, and apply them.

I love to fly, but hate it too! When I get where I am going, I rest, rest, rest!

There are many good suggestions from others! Hopefully, the evening crew will provide even more suggestions!

Glad you had a good time on your trip! And a new boyfriend to top it off with......

Kim
  5. ksp56

ksp56 Member

for tips from those who fly