HOW DO YOU KNOW IF MERCURY FILLINGS

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by minkanyrose, Jan 18, 2007.

  1. minkanyrose

    minkanyrose New Member

    or not is there a time when they quit using them or do you have to have a dentist tell you if they are or not?
  2. mollystwin

    mollystwin New Member

    If they are silver, they are mercury. They still use them. My dentist swears they are safe but I'm having a hair analysis done next week and will most likely be getting mine removed. I have a mouthful of mercury.
  3. minkanyrose

    minkanyrose New Member

    i have 20 of them in my mouth since 1988. need to get this checked also.
  4. sdown

    sdown New Member

    I wish someone had insisted I remove my fillings years ago. Doc said I wouldnt have gotten sick. What happened is after 20 years of mercury in my mouth the fillings started to leak out causing anemia, fatigue, dizziness, etc. Ive had them all removed. I went to a dentist that is experienced with CFS and the safe removal of mercury fillings. Mercury is highly toxic and any dentist that states mercury is safe is crazy. Its been well documented for years that mercury is highly poisonous.
  5. swedeboy

    swedeboy Member

    I just had my four remaining amalgam fillings removed yesterday.

    Yes, silver fillings are approximately 50% elemental mercury and 50% alloy powder.

    If you have them removed I would go to a holistic dentist. They will use a dental damn and also hook you up to oxygen so you don't breath in any vapors.

    Fillings don't last forever, and if they will eventually need to be replaced then why not do it now. Plus if you do have mercury toxicity or any other heavy metal toxicity and you want to chelate then you'll need to have the fillings removed prior to chelation.

    There is Yahoo group called "adult-metal-chelation." If you join it they can answer a lot of your questions about amalgam illness. There is also Dr. Cutler's website
    noamalgam dot com

    I think there are very safe methods to have your amalgams removed. This is just my opinion but As long as you dont swallow or breath any mercury during the removal I think it it will be fine.


  6. springrose22

    springrose22 New Member

    There have been dozens of studies done regarding mercury toxicity caused by dental amalgams. The ADA continues to ignore all of the scientific research which has been done and continues to be done today. Mercury is continually released in people's mouths damaging DNA, inhibiting the activity of white blood cells, impairing kidney function, causing neurological problems and inducing autoimmune diseases of which CFS is one.

    While it is true that mercury vapors are released during the removal of amalgams, removal can be done quite safely with the use of a rubber dam and the use of supplemental oxygen during the procedure.

    The ADA and many other Dental associations throughout the world have had their heads in the sand regarding this subject for years. They are afraid to admit that mercury is a serious problem simply because they are afraid of being sued, I suppose. That is unacceptable, but fortunately, there are some dentists now who refuse to have amalgam in their offices.

    Several different reports state that one amalgam can release mercury concentrations from 1 microgram to 19 micrograms per day. In 1994 the US Public Health Service published a report setting a minimal risk level for chronic and acute exposure to mercury vapor at 0.28 micrograms per day.

    Mercury is unsafe and toxic for use in people's teeth. Think about it!! If you want information about mercury toxicity it won't take you long to find it. It's everywhere!

    Swedeboy, good for you and brave, too. How are you feeling? Marie
    [This Message was Edited on 01/18/2007]
  7. mollystwin

    mollystwin New Member

    My fillings are all very old. Two are actually over 40 years old! The most current one I have is about 15 years old.

    I had a dentist 12 years ago tell me they needed to come out so I let him remove one and swallowed some filling during the process. This dentist was a quack and didn't use the correct equipment. After that I got a second opinion and that dentist said they didn't need to be removed.

    Now they are really old and I need to get them out. And yes, you do get exposure from having them removed, but I'm going to a doctor who knows how to chelate properly. I agree that the key is to go to dentists who know what they are doing and use the proper equipment. From now on no more mercury fillings for me. Only the pretty white ones.
    [This Message was Edited on 01/18/2007]
  8. alaska3355

    alaska3355 New Member

    my son has been sick for two years. Lately he is so much better- he's about 90% what he was before CFS. He had his amalgams replaced over a year ago and I was disappointed not to see dramatic improvement. But, around Thanksgiving, he stopped having brain fog and felt much better.....also no more upset stomach. I think the mercury removal played a major role in his improvement and no one will convince me otherwise.