HOW DO YOU KNOW IF YOU HAVE HERPES?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by sharon5650, Aug 31, 2003.

1. sharon5650

sharon5650 New Member

FOR A LONG LONG TIME I HAVE GENTIL BREAK OUTS, I USALLY GO TO THE EMERGENCY ROOM, WHERE THEY, THEY USUALLY SAY IT IS CAUSE FROM AN INGROWN HAIR, OR THE SWEAT GLANDS, THEY USUALLY FREEZE THE AREA. THEN THEY LANCE THE ABCESS OR BOIL WHAT EVER IT IS AT THE TIME, THEN THEY PACK IT, AND SEND BE HOME WITH ANTBIOTICS. NOW THIS HAS BEEN GOING ON FOR 20 YRS, I HAVE FIRBROMYALGIA FOR ABOUT 2 YEARS NOW, BUT REALLY THINK I HAVE HAD IT LONGER, BUT NEVER KNEW WHAT IS WAS, THE BOILS START OUT LIKE LITTLE PIMPLES, SOMETIMES I CAN GET RID OF THEM MYSELF BY SITTING IN HOT HOT BATHS AND SQUEEZING THEM, BUT IF THEY BECOME TO LARGE AND PAINFUL I MUST GO TO THE EMERGENCY TO HAVE THEM LANCED AND PACKED WITH GAUZE. THEY ARE PAINFUL WITH THEY GET INFALMMED. COULD THEY POSSIBLEY BE HERPES, AND NO ONE TOLD ME, OR DON;T THEY KNOW. I DON;T TRUST ANY DOCTORS ........................SHARON28
  2. Shirl

Shirl New Member

I do think if you had genital herpes they would have told you at the ER. It is a veneral disease and must be reported to the health department. So if they did not tell you, it must be something else.

But I would go to your gynecologist like Erica suggested just to be sure.

There is also something called genital warts , but I am not familiar with this either, but I understand they are very painful and are burned off.

Be sure to find out just what you are dealing with, that way they can be treated without all that suffering you are going through.

Shalom, Shirl
  3. Betsy2

Betsy2 New Member

I was not aware that genital herpes is a venereal disease but it is a sexually transmitted disease. Correct me if I am wrong. Yes, it does have to be reported to the health department as do all STD's
  4. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Lesions are different than infected hair folicles. Genital Herpes outbreaks are usually preceded by a tingling sensation like cold sores on the lip. Actually, these two conditions are just different varients of the same Herpes virus.

What you are describing sounds like foliculitis (sp?), ongoing infection of the hair folicles. You may have a chronic infection which needs longer treatment with antibiotics than you have been getting. Ask you doc about this. Perhaps they need to culture these lesions to see what kind of infection you are suffering from.

I would suggest you also try to build up your immune system with colostrum and whey and use natural antibiotics like the olive leaf oil and colloidal silver. Zapper are also good at killing pathogens in the bloodstream.

Love, Mikie
  5. kredca4

kredca4 New Member

I do have Herpes, HSV-2 and I haven't had any Symptoms, like you are describing. The skin lesions of genital herpes Heal Spontaneously, Unless there is a secondary infection. So you do need to get it checked out.

I can always tell when a Flare is coming on, the burninh and itching drives me crazy.
    Also, I have a more than normal body aching, AND Pain, I also get a low grade fever, but feel flushed, headache's malasie, myalgia. In other words, I don't care about anything, sorta like a small depression. Not unlike some of my FMS flares, which I have following the Herpes attack. It also Burns like Hell when you have to pee. You need to wash off after Urunating to avoid other infections. Baby Wipes are great.

I was seeing a Female Internist at the time of a bad Break out, I had been seen by some other Gyno's, but they never suppected Herpes. I was told it was different conditions, given all kinds of meds that didn't work.
    When this Dr. ran a scraping test of the "Sore" that I had, she also ran a Blood test.

Near as we could figure, I have had this condition for about 25 years. I have suffered horribly from it, it can cause other Pain condition's.

You might have, from your Symptoms, genital warts, as was mentioned above. If you want to find some information on this, try typing, in your search engine,
    Condylomata Acuminata, which are caused by human papillomavirus, (HVP).

In the mean time, try using Petroleum jelly to the surrounding area, this will help soothe and protect irriation. Also Xylocaine works well for soothing the area.

Anyway, you need a Blood test and if possible during your next outbreak, seek a Doctor, who can do a Scrapping of the site, just to be sure. You really should know, because leaving something like this Untreated can cause other Problems.

Good luck to you,

Sincerely,
    sharonk
    [This Message was Edited on 09/02/2003]