How do you know what to do and where to start????????Help

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by krissy888, Jul 13, 2006.

1. krissy888

krissy888 New Member

Hello,
    I have been reading this board a lot and websites about my illness-fibromyalgia. I have learned a lot but how do you know where to start?

I have heard that it is caused by acidosis, yeast candida, bugs and viruses living in your body, dirty lymphatic and blood system, etc. So how do you all find out your problem?

So far, I know that my immune system is too overreactive and I have developed APA syndrome (blood clotting) from this illness.(diagnosed from blood tests)

My back hurts on and off, I have chest pains on and off, tender points throughout my body, fatigue, chronic allergies, and a stiff neck all of the time. I never have yeast infections of thrush but I did the spit test and my spit floated down or kinda stayed in the middle.

All my doctors want to do is put me on meds (pain meds or antidepressants). I don't want to do that because I want to get to the root of my problem. I can't stand being like this.

Can anyone tell me how I can find out what is causing my problems or any advice will be greatly appreciated? Also what supplements should I be taking?

Thanks so very much, Kristy
  2. fushia

fushia New Member

Hi Kristy,

All sounds very familiar although I don't know anything about the immune system & bugs stuff...I think the difference maybe between the US & the UK. I've read that FMS can be caused by a trauma in your life or to your body & goes with a very poor sleep pattern I'm still in the process of being diagnosed, X-rays & MRI scan & blood tests have ruled out most things. All I've been told is to seek anything that relieves pain, ie. Ibruprofen, Deep therapeutic massage, acupuncture (still waiting for 1st appoitment) & increasing aerobic exercise. The increased exercise is difficult as i suffer afterwards, especially since starting Pilates as recommended.

so no real good answers yet,good luck.
    Fushia.
  3. mme_curie68

mme_curie68 New Member

I would recommend starting with the symptom that is bothering you the most.

For me it was the fatigue, then the stiffness, then the pain.

So, I was treated with Adderall and now Provigil for the fatigue. Cyclobenzaprine for stiffness and Naprosyn for pain.

These three medications have been fundamental in restoring and maintaining my ability to function.

I also take supplements - antioxidants, vitamins, yeast-fighters, and energy cycle helpers.

Until medicine fully understands the root of the problem, symptomatic treatment and treatment for potential stealth infections is what we have to work with.

If you are looking for all natural treatment, one of the best resources on this board is Stormyskye. Do a search on her posts and you'll have a number of avenues to try. The most important one she swears by is "The Shake".

Good luck researching,
    Hugs,
    Madame Curie