How do You know when I need a laugh ?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by rosemarie, Mar 9, 2006.

1. rosemarie

rosemarie Member

I hae been out battling with this darn toothache for days now. The antibitoic worked and I was feeling so much better and suddenly it started to ache again. So I came here and I was reading the post of " But you don't look sick" I really got a good laugh at the comment of " And Blondes are not really stupid either" {Sorry if I did't quote you right}

I am Blonde so I liked that one.Yes it is really hard to have people tell you that you should get a job or exercise more and lose weight because you will feel better after exercising. I am sorry but I don't feel better I usually feel worse. But the people don't get it. I have heard that comment but I know someone who has fibro and she is in a wheel chair and she still works full time and does not give in to the pain and take pain pills like you do..
    NO 2 people are alike. And that does include us with fibro.

Each of us reacts differently to the symptoms we each have. And I don't think we all have the same symptons either. I have stopped telling my family that I am tired and hurting because they have heard it all and don't get it. I get told but I want you to be like you used to be. And I am not ever going to be that person again and I wish I could be her too, but I am not.She is gone with the wind and I am here now. Trying to do the best that I can with what I have.

I am learning that if I get up in the morning and put on the makeup and do my hair I feel better about me even if I am staying at home. I need to have a better attitude more often and not feel so sorry for my self. AFter all there are many people that have much worse things than I do.
    I have a good family, and a good husband of 25 years 2 grandsons, 8 and almost 1. I Love my girls and I am learning that we get along so much better when I don't discuss me and what I am feeling. If I discuss them and how and what they are doing we get along so much better and are happier to talk with each other more often.

This site is a blessing to me. I have found people who know and understand how I fell and they don't put me down because I can't work anymore and I don't exericse as much as I should. I have found some great friends who care how I feel and it makes my day to know that you all care so much for me and not just me but for all of the people here.

YOu make me smile and laugh and I really needed it tonight. What a gift it is to give laughter to someone else. so I thank you all for the special things you write, YOUR GREAT!

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}
    Rosemarie
  2. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

I couldn't agree with you more...this is a great site for what ails you! Laughter is the best medicine! Terri
  3. Mamalovinit

Mamalovinit New Member

Well said.

M