How do you know?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by emttoni, Oct 20, 2002.

1. emttoni

emttoni New Member

I am wondering how everyone knows when they got fms or cfs? Im not understanding how you can know a specific date on this - I dont know, maybe Im just an airhead. I just know I have felt like crap all my life from about 12 years old and on. Helpppp!!!
  2. emttoni

emttoni New Member

I am wondering how everyone knows when they got fms or cfs? Im not understanding how you can know a specific date on this - I dont know, maybe Im just an airhead. I just know I have felt like crap all my life from about 12 years old and on. Helpppp!!!
  3. karen2002

karen2002 New Member

I had been healthy as a horse for years, (I am now almost 45--shhh, thats our secret) Anyway, on the 6th of May this year, I became terribly ill, and experienced more pain than I ever hope to see again. For me, this was my turning point....my "specific" date. I have been ill ever since. I was diagnosed (and this is a very short time compared to others experiences) in September with FM/ CFS.
    From the little I have learned from others, some have felt awful, since early childhood, and others can find a time to pinpoint their onsets, whether in their twenties, thirties, etc.
    Karen
  4. bubblegum

bubblegum New Member

I couldn't pin point a time either until I read a thread on here asking if anyone has noticed that we don't get sick anymore with the everyday stuff the normal people get. That is when I realized that the last time I was sick was in Dec. 99 and I thought I would die. I have lived with chronic back pain since car accident in 1981. I managed to open and run to salons, give birth to 2 children, bury my mom,dad and grandma in a period of 5 years. But since Dec. 1999 I have not been the same. I can also remember the first time CFS hit me. I barely finished a hair cut and before my client could pay me I was on the couch asleep and didn't wake up for 3 days. Even fell asleep on the toilet when I'd get up to go pee. It scared the sh-- out of me. I hope this helps. Maybe it will help trigger something in your memory bank!
    Good Luck
    Ciao 4 now
    Sandy
  5. sybil

sybil New Member

from the arthritis in my spine.but then after christmas last year the pain got worse.i couldn't sleep and i was also having pain in other parts of my body,apart from my spine.
    i can't say i noticed because i wasn't getting colds etc.
    in 2001 i had 2 nasty chest infections caused by a virus,so maybe it was the virus.
    i also took the drug Seroxat..Paxil in the u.s. for 4 months in 2001.that had a terrible effect on me and the withdrawal was horrific,i seemed to get really ill from then on,

sybilxxx

[ advertisement ]