***How Do You Obtain A Disable Tag For Auto?******

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by gmom605, Jan 3, 2006.

  1. gmom605

    gmom605 New Member

    where do you go to see if you can get one ? And how many of you have one? i do need one ,,evrytime i go and see the Dr. it`s so hard for me because of my pain on my legs and it`s so hard for me to walk,,and also i just got
    my offical letter from ss that i Won!

  2. tonakay

    tonakay New Member

    My mom has one, the doctor has to fill out the paperwork for it but I'm not sure if you get the form from the doctor or the License Bureau...
  3. gmom605

    gmom605 New Member

    Thank you for your reply!!! ,,,gmom,,,
  4. kch64

    kch64 New Member

    HI Gmom,

    it's me again (smile). you get the paperwork from DMV, take it to your doctor and have them fill it out, then take it back to DMV and they give you a tag or a window placket, whichever you choose on the paperwork.

    Good Day to you

  5. tonakay

    tonakay New Member

    my mom got the window hanger one, that way she can use it no matter who she is with. She brings it home with her when she comes to see me even so we can put it in my car.... she's 2000 miles away. Good luck!
  6. Zzzsharn

    Zzzsharn New Member

    In Pa you can get an application from any messenger service center (where you go to renew your registration, or get a T-plate). Then you have to have it filled out by your doctor.

    I have an appt on the 12th for my doc to fill one out..

    It's another one of those dreaded steps that I feel like I'm "giving in" to FM.

  7. gmom605

    gmom605 New Member

    Thanks for all your reply`s!!!!!!

    yes,my husband just brought me one it say`s like you said got to take it to a Dr. and front of Notary both at the same
    time this going to cost me Right? oh, i hate going through that again,,taking papers to the Dr. the things we have to
    do,,, Thanks again,,guys!!!! ,,,gmom,,,
  8. sunshine8957

    sunshine8957 New Member

    Yep, I know it's a big step in our lives when we have to apply for a disabled tag - but sometimes it saves us from a great deal of miserable walking! I have the tag too, so I can move it to whatever car I'm traveling in.

    The day I asked my doctor if I was eligible for a disabled tag, he pulled out the form and completed it right on the spot. Where I live, the DMV Notarizes the form as part of the process (it may have been for my signature). A few years ago, if I remember correctly, the whole thing cost me $5.00 for the tag, ID and notary. I remember leaving DMV and thinking that was pretty cheap!

    Good luck - and feel no shame using it! On the really good days, park further out in the parking lot and enjoy the painfree stroll.


[ advertisement ]