How Do You Pass The Time??

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by pamsue, Feb 2, 2006.

1. pamsue

pamsue New Member

Any of you lovely ladies off of work and home due to pain or other circumstances? Just wondered how you pass the time.

I myself do a lot of reading and soul searching. I have read so much about FM and Cfs and other chronic illnesses you would think I would know it all by now, lol, but I sure do not.

I try to take our dog for walks, get myself in projects around the house and learn more about myself and life. I find when you are home with your self you sure learn alot about yourself. I guess that may sound strange, but I have found that I worried about really dumb things before , that I was not very smart about how I was raising my kids and I sure never thought of myself before or what I could do to make myself feel better.

I am taking better care of myself now, I have more patience and I am becoming a better person. I do miss work very much, but I am sort of glad I have had this time off to soul search, what about you all??

Thanks
    pamsue
  2. Sandyz

Sandyz New Member

That`s a good question. I really have come to enjoy my own company. I don`t mind being alone in the least, I enjoy the quiet. I like you do a lot of soul searching.

I read a lot of books, particularly spiritual books. I like to search on the internet. I like tv and movies. I find a good game site where I go play tetris alot. It is called addicting games and has hundreds of game for free if anyone is interested. It relaxes me and takes my mind off the pain. I take walks, I really enjoy nature.

I also have a husband and two boys. My husband farms so in the winter he is home with me alot so that is nice. My boys are 15 and 10 so they keep me busy trying to keep up with their needs and activities. Me and the boys play card and board games alot.

Sandy
    [This Message was Edited on 02/02/2006]
  3. MKlady

MKlady New Member

I spend a lot of time on this board. I read (have read a library's worth this year!), watch some TV news, keep up with my email. When I'm feeling more energetic, I can do bills and work on my home-based businesses.

Seems I feel good one day and can do a lot, then the next day I'm down with pain and fatigue (that's today). Then tomorrow I'll feel better again. Obviously not very good at pacing myself!!
  4. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

pamsue:
    I am usually online somewhere. I have penpals all over the world and it keeps me busy. I spend the majority of the day online. Sometimes I will take a break and will watch tv.
    I do not do much soul searching. I just try to survive each day with these disorders. Any distraction from it is good for me. And probably many others.
    Hugs,
    NyroFan
  5. roseylisa

roseylisa New Member

I was working retail when I ended up with this DD. I now like you spend time on this board, reading mysteries doing the usual dreaded housework. Going for walks going to lunch with friends (boy have I gained weight!) I really miss working I loved being around lots of people at Walmart! A year later since I had to quit and I still wish I could walk back in their and go to work! I am having a really hard time with depression with not working.
  6. Adl123

Adl123 New Member

Dear Pamsue,
    This is an interesting thread.
    I spend my time trying to catch up on a household duty or two, a day. It takes a really long tme to do each thing, and I used to get really frustrated. Now I accept it more.
    I read a little, (CFS makes my eyes tire fast), mostly spiritual books and mysteries. I meditate and think about life. I, also, love to search the web, and, of course, I spend about an hour a day on this message board.
    I can't take walks, because of my bad knees, but in good weather, I love to take little drives, getting to know my little town. There are real benefits living in a mountain town. On occassion, I'll go to a farm and buy oranges, or apples, or some such thing. In ths winter I stay home a lot,.
    I also love funny TV.
    Being limted is not so bad. I guess there's a reason for everything.
    Peace,
    Terry

7. fibrohugslife

fibrohugslife New Member

Well I am in school online getting my degree online so that takes up some of my time. I am in majoring in Human Services/Management which deals with Sociology/Social Work. I am finally able to get a laptop so that I can work anywhere I want and not be forced to sit up all the time. I also have a home-based business that I do from time to time and slowly getting back into it.

I am now spending the time to get my paperwork and case together for applying for SSI. I am done with state disability here in CA, I hate the way they treat me like I am lying or something.

Hmm cry a lot lately because the pain has been so bad and pray. I also spend a large amount of time on this forum researching and trying to find things that can work for me.

I watch tv but only my favorites or movies that make me laugh or intrigued me. I listen to a lot of music mostly jazz, classical, and new age stuff like Enya, Deep Forest, etc.

Nicole
  8. pamsue

pamsue New Member

I just have to say to all of you that you guys just blow me away with the responses I get when I post.

I have not been coming here long at all and I feel like part of the family already.

Look at all the different jobs you all had, all different people that may not have ever met if it were not through this dd. Here we all are helping each other get through, very heartwarming.

I love the idea of going back to school and also writing everything down, boy can we all relate to that, lol

I think that I may look into school. After all I did go for 1 year then when my father passed away I just could not get into it any more. Maybe now is the time

Well, sounds like you are all doing and handling thing quite well I thank you for your wisdom and your advise

Hugs,
    pamsue
  9. angelkisses6

angelkisses6 New Member

Well lets see,read,play on the computer,watch tv,i cant drive so even if i could i couldent get out anywhere,i also learn things about this and my outher wonderfull illnesses so i can teach my dr about them,lol you know it really isent funny you have no idiea how many times i had to tell her about what i had and what it takes to take care of it,she should pay me,lol well sometimes i cant do anything but sit and stare in space,take care all,marieann
  10. bct

bct Well-Known Member

but I spend a lot of time reading, taking care of my pets, very light gardening. I watch a little tv in the pm.

I keep a pair of binoculars on the windowsill to watch birds and animals.

And then I read some more!

Love to all of you
    Barry
  11. fibrohugslife

fibrohugslife New Member

I forgot to add that I also do Word Search puzzles to help with my memory. I wish I could do crossword puzzles but I am just not very good at it.

I also enjoy listening to music and Podcasts from my IPod about fibromyalgia, health and nutrition.

*Many hugs*
    Nicole
  12. pamsue

pamsue New Member

Lol BCT, I should have included lovely men, sorry about that.

Thanks guys looks like you all keep very busy one way or the other, I hope these things can help us all out, I know they have me.

Hugs
    pamsue
  13. lin-z

lin-z New Member

I read your bio and I feel like we have alot in common altho I have only 2 kids (both in college,,yea celerey for dinner). Would love to know how old your babies are. I live down the road a piece in central coastal jersey (we dont call it the "shore")

I have to say I just have had 2 days in a row of feeling good and am loving life.(well, compared to last week) I put my music on really loud (freak the dog and cat out ..house is small)and do what I can and sing .

I recently got a rebounder (small trampoline thingy ..look it up) and I think it has helped me so much. The only exercise I can do and am working up to taking my crazy aussie out for a walk. so now I am hoping my days will be more productive . I cleaned out our desk area and my husband actually noticed. Makes me think things can get better and that is definitely cool

All the best , Lindsey

14. jhmitch

jhmitch New Member

It seems like I'm spending more time at doctors' offices and getting lab tests than ever before.

My free time is occupied by reading & volunteering on several church outreach projects.

I also attend both a Bible study class and a meditation class on a weekly basis.

Though I used to make wreaths - that has been on the back-burner, lately.

Janice[This Message was Edited on 02/04/2006]
  15. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

everytime i turn the thing on...dr..appts...taking care of a 16 year old...drive here and there for him...his sports after school...
    occasional luch w/friend...

tryng figure out a new carer choice for myself that will work with all of myailments...

cleaning house, cooking dinnners and breaakfast...laundry all when i can....

i need some fun here....
    i cancelled my cruise to the carribean, i really want to go but had to cancel for i didn't know if i would have themoney to go intime....

bummer on that one...

i'll have to plan something later...

welp thats it folks, oh yeah i lied i read self help books...go to therapy classes and worig on getting nto another chonic pain class...

jdoei
  16. Shannonsparkles

Shannonsparkles New Member

... several years of it, in fact.

My days are pretty satisfying in general.

Firstly, sleep in... then dose... go over dreams while still in bed to fix them in my mind, say a prayer, and get up.

Breakfast and TV... only happy shows. Then afternoon reading or TV depending on how I'm feeling.

Reading teenage novels while lying down to rest for a few hours. Teen books are easier to read and tend to have a nice message to them.

Evening TV, visiting with my family when they are home.

Comming here for several hours before bedtime. :)

On a very good day, calling a few people in my community, and calling far away relatives out of the blue to say hi.

Bible reading and a lot of prayer to wind down for the night.

All of it punctuated by lots of hugs from my family. :)
  17. pamsue

pamsue New Member

This is awesome you guys keep giving me great ideas, I hope like I said before that it is helping anyone that reads the posts and is home bored or maybe depressed from not being able to do as much as they used to be doing.

It is so nice to meet you all and here what you do during the day. Sounds like most of you if not all of you have found inner peace with what is going on with you and you all seem very spiritual too. That is very nice

I try to be happy about being home and I try to keep busy I do a lot around the house but I get tired very easily and end up not doing as much as I thought I would or could.

It is just hard I want to be able to do more and help my husband out more but I just can't , so I guess I will have to try to find that inner peace too

Thank again to you all

pamsue

Oh yeah, Hugs, Hugs, Hugs