How do you post a picture in the profile?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by joyfully, Oct 15, 2007.

1. joyfully

joyfully New Member

Please explain it to me as if I'm a 4 year old. I have the "before" picture of Rudy, my recent rescue dog. i wanted to post it on my profile.
  2. Rafiki

Rafiki New Member

I'm assuming you have the picture on your computer! :~)

For ease of finding, put it on your desktop.

Go to edit profile.

Click on add picture.

That will bring up another window.

Click on "browse"

Browse takes you to your computer and if you've left the pic. on your desktop, choose desktop if you are not taken there automatically

Choose the picture file and click "Open"

Now, I must warn you that that's how it's done on a Mac! I can't imagine it's much different but I wouldn't know because I'm like a 4 year old with a Mac!

Good luck,

PS click on my profile to see why I'm always willing to help anyone who rescues dogs!
    [This Message was Edited on 10/15/2007]
  3. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

I have a folder on my computer called 'my pictures'. I can get to it by using the 'start' menu, then I open it and a page of pics comes up.

I go to 'edit my profile' on the upper right side of the Pro Health page and a 'replace my picture' button comes up.

When I hit that button a new small window pops up....and that's where it looses me. So I simply click the 'browse' button and the 'MY PICTURES' file comes up. (or I'm using 2 pages at once, you can minimize your pictures page while on the Pro Health Profile page)

Then I highlight the pic I want to use by clicking on it...and the file info is automatically placed right where I need it.

The rest is just a click away....

If, like recently....the picture that I want to use is in an e-mail, I have to right click on it, then click 'copy'...continue to pull up the 'my pictures' page and right click again to press 'paste' and my pic automatically goes into the Pictures folder.

I hope I didn't thoroughly confuse you....

Nancy B
  4. Rafiki

Rafiki New Member

This confirms that it's the same Mac or PC. The only difference is that I suggested putting the pic you want on your desktop to find easily with the browse function.

Don't be afraid to play around!!! You can do it!
  5. Rafiki

Rafiki New Member

He's fantastic! He's smiling! He's wonderful!

Congratulations to Rudy... and you, too!
  6. Jana1

Jana1 New Member

I don't know if I missed it somewhere, but how is your health? How are you feeling? Are you in treatments? You are in my prayers. I like praying for those I read about on here, and I have followed you for a long time.

Best wishes for improved health!!

7. joyfully

joyfully New Member

My son did it for me!

Yes, this is the little guy that I took into my home. Doesn't he look like he needs lots of love?

I've cut all of the sandburs and mats out of his coat. The transformation from this picture is quite astounding. I'll wait another month and see if my son will post another picture of him.

I was at the vets visiting my dying doggie when I heard "whoof" under the door to the examining room. When I opened the door, there was Rudy. A lady brought him into the vet's office to see if they recognized him. He was running loose with no collar on. he had crossed a 6 lane very busy highway!

As most of you already know, I lost my 18 month old minature schnauzer to a horrible illness. This little guy has helped me through the heartwrenching loss of my Gretchen. Oh, now I'm crying again. She was so special to me.

This little guy is very different than my other miniature schnauzer. They are exact opposites. He has become a very healing presence in our home. God brought him into my life when He knew that Gretchen was soon to die.

I'm spoiling him rotten.

I forgot to answer the inquiry about my health. My TSH is over 20 times what it is supposed to be. This isn't great; it encourages cancer cells to multipy like gangbusters. I get another blood test the end of thismonth. They are assuming that I'll get an increase in synthroid once the lab results come in. January is a stressful time too. I get the body scan for cancer cells retaken. If cancer cells are still growing, I will have to go back on that no iodine diet and radiation treatment again.---NOT FUN!

[This Message was Edited on 10/16/2007]
  8. mollystwin

mollystwin New Member

What a terrific looking dog!!! My favorite kind of look. I hope you enjoy him like you did your others!

Take care
  9. joyfully

joyfully New Member

I'll take a picture in a month of the "after" picture of Rudy. He has gained 3 pounds so far. I've removed all of the matted hair off of him. He even had cockelburs and sand burs in his matted hair.

You won't believe the transformation. He still doesn't recognize my house after we have taken him for a walk.

I've just begun word command training with him. I'm also adding the hand signals with it. I can tell he has had no formal command training. he also doesn't know about doggie toys. My hubby and I tried to roll a ball back and forth between us tonight to help Rudy understand how to play. he just sits there and watches it roll past him. After a minute or two, he comes to me and wants to be held for reassurance. I'm just taking my time with him; I have all the patience in the world. I have no set timeline.

He LIKES riding on my scooter.