how do you spend your "me" time?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Shannonsparkles, Nov 6, 2005.

1. Shannonsparkles

Shannonsparkles New Member

What do you do in a day that's just for you? Something to refresh your spirit and to get away for a while. An oasis to just be yourself.

I like meditating, eating slowly and pondering, and writing in my journal.

What do you do?
  2. Shannonsparkles

Shannonsparkles New Member

Calling my relatives for no reason at all. :) Just to share the love.
  3. jake123

jake123 New Member

If I feel like walking a bit I go to the antique mall.
    I also like to go to Target especially with my daughter.
  4. browneyes259

browneyes259 New Member

My favorite is a nice hot bubble bath (with the door locked if necessary). I like to just soak forever. I eaither read, listen to a nice nature cd I have or just chill out and think (or not)!

Ahhhh, makes me want to head there now.

Hugs,
    Jen
  5. Cookie3

Cookie3 New Member

I know this sounds sad, but I lay down and rest, during the weekdays when my kids are in school and my husband is at work. Because on the weekends, I am up constantly do things since my husband thinks I am so lazy all ready. He does not understand my DD, I have FM, CFS and RA and now severe stomach problems, not any better from Hurricane Katrina coming through my city 2 months ago. Just from washing clothes, vaccuming and cleaning bathrooms, I could not go to sleep last night because my chest hurt so bad, I also have degenerative disc disease in my cervical area. Anyway that's what I do rest. I love the weekdays and hate the weekends. Cookie3 in New Orleans
  6. ldbgcoleman

ldbgcoleman New Member

Go to the barn
    Read
    watch movies
    Antiquing
    Resting!

Lynn
  7. diva2mi

diva2mi New Member

and other for inspiring me... the only "me" time I will have had this year is during Thanksgiving as I am not flying out to visit my family for just two days. I am going to volunteer at a soup kitchen then spend the rest of the weekend with myself. These are all good suggestions...

I do get a few seconds of me time at night, right before passing out as my cats cuddle with me.
  8. libra55

libra55 New Member

I dont get much of it but here are some of my faves.

I take a nap every chance I get.

Read books.

Take a warm shower or bath.

Sit outside on my patio and just veg.

Cuddle with my two dogs.

Sometimes if my kids are fighting or driving me nuts I jut have to get out of house, I will go poke around Target or Walmart, not buy anything or maybe one little thing for me. That relaxes me then I can go home and feel like I got a break from it.

Michelle
  9. rbecca47

rbecca47 New Member

i spend me time
    1.crocheting
    2.with my girl(10yrsold)
    3.reading
    4.and most of all writing in my journal
    becca
  10. JLH

JLH New Member

I have a lot of "me" time now that I am retired, the kids are all grown and out of the house, and my husband is still working. So, from 8 am to 4 pm, it's all me time.

I have all that time, and I am unable to do anything. I am in too bad of shape now.

I just:

- sit in my recliner with feet propped up watching TV

- or get on the computer--on this board, or researching some of my medical problems. I also do a lot of shopping online, especially now for the holidays.

Before I got so homebound, when I first retired, I was able to run around with my daughter and my grandsons, take my elderly mother everywhere--different restaurants out of town to eat, shopping, etc.

I've enjoyed reading what everyone else does!

Hugs,
    Janet
  11. mrafirst

mrafirst New Member

Hi,

Since I work 40 hrs and have a 10 yo DD, "me" time is rare. But when I get some (and feel up to it) I like to take walks, listen to classical music, and curl up in my recliner with a good book and a cup of coffee. Sometimes a trip to Barnes & Noble is fun, too.

Mary Rose
  12. rockinmama

rockinmama New Member

to lay down and go to sleep with ear plugs in my ears. My family thinks I don't need ANY time for me.

Sorry to sound so bitter but this is especially a sore subject right now. I told my Mom I had 2 weeks that neither one of us had doctors appts. and I had time to clean house and rest. She promptly said to me "Wait, I'll get my calendar and see if I can find anything for you to do." She wasn't kidding!!!