How do you START to detox???

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by TwinMa, Apr 29, 2006.

1. TwinMa

TwinMa New Member

I know there are many posts on detoxing. I think I have read them all! Green food supplements, Far Infrared Saunas, Selenium, Alpha Lipoic Acid, herbs, etc, etc .......

For you pro detoxers out there: What is a good first step? Then maybe a second step?
  2. Pianowoman

Pianowoman New Member

Apart from healthy eating, a good thing to start with is chlorella. It is wonderful for getting rid of many of the toxins we have in our body. Another easy thing is lots of Vitamin C. Go slow with anything you add, it can cause a reaction.

Kathy.

3. skierchik

skierchik New Member

There are a lot of good books out there on detoxing. You might want to use a book to guide you until you feel comfortable on your own. My favorite book is Jeffrey S. Bland, PhD called "The 20-Day Rejuvenation Diet Program". I highly recommend following his plan. It really has helped me.

Skierchik
  4. kriskwon

kriskwon New Member

I was just wondering this same thing, so I went to Whole Foods and talked to a very nice lady who seemed to know her stuff - she was in the vitamin department. She told me that it was VERY important that you detox ONE thing at a time starting with ridding yourself of yeast. When you are through with that (could be up to 30 days!), then you go to getting rid of your parasites, and so on until you get each organ. It DOES matter which order you detox. She said that too many people to a colon cleanse before cleansing the other organs and can actually harm themselves. Now, I need to stress here that I'm just telling you what she was telling me and believe me I'm no expert - but, it all sounded very logical to me.
  5. TwinMa

TwinMa New Member

Thank you for all your good suggestions and ideas!

I have been doing mild detox for the past few months. I started with Milk Thistle and Dandelion.

Then I started taking a green food supplement, Ultimate Greens from the ProHealth store. I may change to a different green supplement just to get further variety.

I feel that those have been good starters for me.

I also got the book "Detoxify or Die" from the library. I'm finding it hard to get through. It seems the author believes EVERYTHING is toxic. It's a bit depressing.

Plus, the actual detox cocktails and methods are somewhat "buried" in the book. I guess I need something more straight forward--something that says "Take THIS, and you will detox your entire body and then feel great". That's not too much to ask, is it?!! LOL!

Again, thanks for your ideas. There are some good ones that I will definitely follow up on!

Katy
  6. skierchik

skierchik New Member

I know what you mean about the "Detoxify or Die" book, but I encourage you to keep reading. It does get better. If you must stick to the main cocktail that will be a good start. Basically, she just adds more antioxidants to it as time goes on.

I am just starting to use my new Far Infrared Sauna, so far it's a big hit with me. It feels really good. I already have some lightly itchy bumps on my legs. Something coming out of me already. We just bought a shower filter at the hardware store too. For some reason this keeps getting mentioned to me in a variety of ways, so I figured I should get one. It was only $35.00 and it's pretty easy to install.

So far you're doing some good things to help you detox. You might want to think about a juicer if you don't have one already.

Skierchik
  7. TwinMa

TwinMa New Member

twinofdar - That burbur sounds interesting. I'll start to read up on it. Have you liked your results so far?

skierchik - I'll try to keep going on the Detoxify or Die. I do think she has some good info in there. I've been wondering how you were doing with your Far Infrared Sauna. When you get a chance, you should start a thread to let people know about it. I think others would be interested, too.

AngelaG - I am taking probiotics (Jarro-Dophilus). I guess I didn't think of them as detoxers, but I guess in a way they are. I recently purchased coconut oil, but haven't started it yet. That one scares me a bit. Others have really herxed badly on coconut oil. Oh well, I guess that means it's doing something! I'll start slow.

prickles, pianowoman, kriskwon, skeesix - Thank you so much for your input. I keep reading your answers over and over. I truly appreciate your help. I'm hoping others see this and get good detox ideas,too.