How do you stay strong for your kids?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by cj368, Feb 27, 2007.

1. cj368

cj368 New Member

I have a three year old and a one year old. Some days seem so impossible. I spend my days trying to act like everything is fine and waiting for bedtime to come. I feel so guilty about this. Nothing upsets me more than to hear my three year old say, "mommy you hurting today." I don't want them to grow up thinking mommy wasn't available. Some days I feel like I'm so out of my league.

Blessed to be a mom to two beautiful girls.
  2. achesandpains

achesandpains New Member

hi
    ive got a boy and a girl 11 and 14 and i feel they do more for me than i can do for them. i quite understand where you are coming from, ive just been told its fms
    and i am finding it very hard to, lets just hope the answers are out there somewhere
  3. cj368

cj368 New Member

I will get the book. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!
  4. bunnyfluff

bunnyfluff Member

My son is now 12, and I feel unavailable for him. I did so much more for my daughter who is now 19.

Some things that *helped* me/us:

My husband takes my son to all scheduled activities such as scouts, etc. I do not attend unless I feel "up to it", and that is the understanding up front. The others in those groups know I suffer from an illness, and do not ask for my support on commities.

I do the things with my son like *reading on the "big bed"*, and we have a lot of *big bed* activities, flash cards, etc, that allow me to sit back against the pillows. Also, we can snuggle and watch a movie.

Simple things are best: We used to spend a lot of time at the duck park when we had no money, feeding the ducks day old bread (cheap), and they pretty much play on the equipment while you sit and relax. No brainer there.

I have done things like sat in the back yard with a little pool, had kids pick weeds, pick up nuts off the ground from our pecan tree, you name it. They don't care.

Mommy's Day Out at the local Church is a must. It gives everyone some time apart. Either that or "trade" sitting time with someone else you know with little kids once a week.

Best of luck to you.
  5. kel589

kel589 New Member

I understand exactly how you feel.I have a 3 yearold ds also plus 10,13,14 year olds dd. i live with so much guilt it un real. i was a very active mom with my first 3 children.girl scouts play groups, church,very active.now after I got fibromyalgiawhen my son was 12 months old.I cant do ant thing I used to do. ithink in some was it has effected my older children alot.they say oh another bad day.they seem embaressed of me now.my ten year old wrote that she wonts her old mom back.talk about guilt ouch.the good news is I am so thankful for the help the older three do around the house.This fibro has made me thankful for every day I am alive.I spend alot of time reading books coloring,playing playdough,painting,easy puzzles,blocks,educational shows,short walks,spend snack time together make it a pretend picnik in bed with teddy bears or dolls to.when your able to sit out side with them buy side walk chalk blow bubbles,get balls,sand box,sand toys etc so you can watch them play,ride on toys are fun, i hope you have a yard.If not I have other ideas just let me know?pretend tea parties little girls love have it in bed. blessed to be a mom to for angels.
    Please excuse my spelling I have been having terible fibro fog[This Message was Edited on 02/28/2007]