How do you store your meds???

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by MoosesMom, Jan 3, 2007.

1. MoosesMom

MoosesMom New Member

I have a 7 year old daughter and she is pretty bright about stuff and knows to never, ever, ever touch the "orange" bottles. She even has to take a prescription for her stomach and will always bring the bottle to me or daddy to open up. My question? Since there is such an increase in pre-teen / teen prescription drug abuse I want to know how you all store your medicine?? I was looking for a cough drop the other day and found myself just rummaging through a plastic box full of Darvocet, Valium, Midrin, Flexaril, etc. I have some HONKING powerful drugs in there. How can I store them so that they are easy for me to get to and completely inaccessible to my daughter? I don't want her to get into the habit of seeing these drugs laying around.
  2. AllWXRider

AllWXRider New Member

After my son attempted suicide, we had to hide our drugs. My wife's clothes drawer was an ideal spot since he is a male.
  3. lil_angel1198

lil_angel1198 New Member

all of my kids respect the fact that I really need them.
    Since they were babies, I have taught them no to take anything that wasn't theres and especially meds.

I trust my kids.
  4. BobinGermany

BobinGermany New Member

Hi,
    My kids are grown and gone but sometimes we have family members and their children over for holidays, the summer, etc so my wife found a lockable medicine cabinet. I think she found it on e-bay. It is just a white metal box with a key. I do believe you can get "pretty" ones if you want one. I installed it in a "do all room" next to our kitchen. I hope this helps!

God Bless,
    Bob