How do you take Coconut oil?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by foggyfroggy, Aug 6, 2006.

1. foggyfroggy

foggyfroggy Guest

I am not sure how to do this - how on earth have some of you managed to put it directly in your mouth and swallow it??? GAK!!!!!

Does it turn into greasy chunks in a smoothy?

Ideas please!!

Gretchen
  2. foggyfroggy

foggyfroggy Guest

3. Michelle_NZ

Michelle_NZ New Member

Hi Gretchen

I just swallow it straight off the spoon. It was abit strange at first, but I quite like it now.

It retains its qualities when heated - you could melt it before putting it in your smoothie.

Take care
    Michelle
  4. 2BDreamer

2BDreamer New Member

I really like mine in my coffee every morning, makes it taste even creamier with the half and half.
    [This Message was Edited on 08/06/2006]
  5. sascha

sascha Member

i put a TBsp in a blender drink, with coc. milk, goateine whey powder, blueberries, half an apple, cranberry juice (unsweetened); sometimes a raw egg, and some stevia if i want it a bit sweeter, and flax seeds. anyway, that's more than you asked- sorry- the oil gets whirred in fine so there are no chunks.

also- i cook with it all the time now- eggs, meats- anything/everything. i love the taste. it is supposed to have beneficial properties - it kills yeast, is anti-viral, anti-microbial, good for the gut good for regulating blood sugar.

stay in touch and with your experience with coc.oil. it immediately got rid of my CFIDS all-over achiness. i'm waiting to recover from recent trauma and crash to see if it gets me back to good place of relative well-being i was in.

sascha
  6. foggyfroggy

foggyfroggy Guest

Thanks everyone; good suggestions.

michelle_nz,
    Thanks - I had been wondering if heating it changed the 'good' part'. Mine has an odd aftertaste so I think I will be hiding it in stuff until I get a bit more used to it!

2bdreamer - ooooo, good idea!

Gretchen
  7. foggyfroggy

foggyfroggy Guest

Hi!
    It's supposed to help get rid of bad beasties plus help with energy & help stabilize blood sugar. It supposedly lowers bad cholesteral too.

Gretchen
  8. foggyfroggy

foggyfroggy Guest

Yup, you (and others) talked me into it! :)
    I'm going to try the Goateine too I think. Thanks for the recipe, I think smoothies are the way to go with this.
    I hope you get to feeling better again soon!

Gretchen
  9. onedaymagpie

onedaymagpie New Member

I had a tough time at first. But then you just focus on the wonderful flavor of coconut.

Start with cooking with it - eggs made with it are great and BTY coconut oil can get very hot without breaking down, so a good cooking oil.

But once you develop a taste, it is great just plain.
    \Mags
  10. FibroTart

FibroTart New Member

I like it this way best...

smooth on like butter.