"How Do You Take Your Meds?"

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by BlueSky555, Jun 22, 2006.

1. BlueSky555

BlueSky555 New Member

It seems as if I have too many different meds that I'm having to take and was just curious as to how some of you take your meds.

Do you take all of them (with exception of pain & sleep meds) at the same time each day or different times?

I just hate having to take all of these meds but Drs. orders. I'm talking of meds like, synthroid (must take empty stomach), hormone therapy, lexapro, blood pressure, and lyrica. WOW, that is a lot, not to mention pain meds.

Thank you for your responses,

BlueSky555
  2. suzetal

suzetal New Member

I take 6 meds when I wake another 6 at noon and than with dinner.

Sleep med 1/2 hour befor bed.

Sue
  3. mme_curie68

mme_curie68 New Member

the only thing i take separate is thyroid, because the prescribing info specifically states that it should be taken on an empty stomach one half hour before meals or 2-3 hours after a meal.

otherwise I take a handful in the am and a handful about 90 min before bed.

Hugs,
    Madame Curie
  4. BlueSky555

BlueSky555 New Member

I have been so afraid to mix any of the meds that I take but according to the responses so far, I suppose it's ok.

I have never taken more than 1 at the time; I need to talk to my Dr.

Yes, I suppose that's why I'm so frustrated.

Thank you all,

BlueSky555
  5. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

I take my pills, four times per day; with breakfast, lunch, dinner and bedtime snack. It's important to take medication at the same time and in the same order each day. God bless, Anne Theresa
  6. TxSongBird

TxSongBird New Member

Potassium pill and water pill in the morning at breakfast. At 6:00 p.m. my Requip for Restlessleg Syndrome and my Tarka for high blood pressure. At 7:00 p.m. I take my Xanax and Soma for sleep and if needed my Ambien. I take my pain med's when needed.

TxSongBird

7. Juloo

Juloo Member

I have 5 separate med times -- breakfast, mid-morning, lunch, dinner, and bedtime.

Some require food, some no food, some can't be mixed with others....it got very complex until one day I just sat down and worked it all out.

Now I try and stick to the routine, because it makes it so much easier.