How do you tell if its fibro or arthritis pain?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by campbeck97, Jun 21, 2010.

1. campbeck97

campbeck97 New Member

I hurt all over with stiffness in all joints from fingers to toes and all the muscles. How do you know which it is arthritis or fibromyalgia? Dr. says I have both but havent found any medication I can take for the arthritis part of the pain and the morphine doesnt do anything for it if indeed thats what it is.It just seems that the pain gets worse and worse every year with no real relief.....I am soooo sick of it all , always something hurting somewhere.How does everyone manage to have any qualitiy of life? I feel like Im just taking up space and I have so much i need and want to do. Dont get me wrong I am very thankful for the life i do have and supportive husband and all....guess I just long for more. Some good sleep and painfree days would be soooo nice. I pray that for us all. God Bless
  2. shirley1259

shirley1259 New Member

Dear campbeck I have found that cortizone shots will relieve the arthritis part, but does absolutely nothing for the fibro. That is how I tell the difference. I take it you are intolerant to anti-inflamatories. Have you tried taking Ibuprofen I know that helped my arthritis to some degree. Another thing is you can ask your dr. where exactly the arthritis is and he should be able to tell you. I use Fentanyl patches for my fibro pain being as I am intolerant to pain pills. I will pray that you get some relief soon.
    Jamin and some of the other posters might be able to help you with alternative medicines to try if you want to go with that route.