How do you tell what's causing what?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by healing, Aug 21, 2003.

1. healing

healing New Member

I have reactive arthritis, FM and GERD. I currently take 1000 mg. Augmenten 2xday for the arthritis, plus 500 mg Valtrex for recurring herpes flares, Nexium for the GERD, Allegra for my allergies, estrogen, Neurontin for the FM, and various herbal and homeopathic remedies under the direction of my docs.

I'm certainly no worse off than most of you, so I'm not complaining. I just want to figure out what's what.

For example, my nose frequently drips. It's irritating! I'm thinking this should be controlled by the Allegra. But, then again, this is heavy allergy season, and air pollution and my closed up house with the a/c on don't help. OTOH, it could be due to a soft tissue flare from the ABX. Does it really matter? Well, yes, it does to me!

Here's another thing. My feet swell. Is it the FM? The arthritis? The pickle I ate for lunch? That pesky old soft tissue flare? Who knows?
    This really matters to me in regard to my GERD. It is not controlled by the Nexium, and although I've had it for less than a year, my doc wants me to have an endoscopy in October. This just is feeling like one darn test too many, and I dread this particular one. And I hate the GERD. I have no idea why I have it. It could be the extra weight I've gained, something I'm eating, the amount I'm eating, a med I'm taking (it's not the ABX), candida....I know it's not heliobacter, because I've been tested for that.

I could go on, but I know you get the picture. And I suspect that many of you have this same dilemma. Does ANYbody have a clue how to sort these things out?

2. PatPalmer

PatPalmer New Member

A lot of symptoms like arthritis and particularly acid reflux, hiatis hernia, & ulcers are caused by not drinking enough water.

Yep, try drinking 6-8 glasses a day with a pinch of pure unrefined Sea or Rock Salt added, and see the difference.

Have a glass of water 1/2 before meals and when you have GERD symptoms.

Don`t need drugs.

Love Pat.
  3. ksp56

ksp56 Member

Will try bumping your message to see if you get anymore responses! kim
  4. Shirl

Shirl New Member

I do agree with Pat! I have gotten rid of so many of the symptoms you mentioned plus a few others by drinking water and taking 1/4 teaspoon of Sea Salt daily.

Especially the sinus and the allergies to plants and mildew! I live in Louisiana, in the country, this is allergy heaven (smile).

I also had GERD, acid reflux, swelling feet and hands in the morings, extreme headaches, sinus, migrains, clusters too. Now I only get headaches occasionally, and they are not that bad anymore, and do not last long.

I do not take any meds, except for low dose (0.25mgs) of Xanax for racing brain in the evening only.

Try drinking half your body weight in OUNCES of water a day, along with the SEa Salt for a few weeks and see how you feel. Its cost almost nothing, so give it a try.

I remember someone on this board saying that when they quit taking Allergia they had less FM pain, they did not know that this drug caused backpain.

I hope you get some help soon, I sure feel a whole lot better now for the first time in 15 years of all of the above symptoms.

By the way, I am not overweight, and had most of what you mentioned!

As for that dry, drippy nose (which I had also), untill you try the watercure, keep a warm mist vaporizer with a pinch of salt in the water going at night, it will help.

If you want to read a good book on the Watercure, its; 'Water: For Health, For Healing for life' by; F. Batmanghelidj MD. Its a real eye opener!

Shalom, Shirl

5. healing

healing New Member

I'm going to try the sea salt and water routine - as you said, can't hurt, might help! I'm already drinking a lot of water, will just add the sea salt and see what happens. Question -- do you dissolve it in the water?
  6. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Record what you eat and your activities and exposures to any chemicals. See if a pattern emerges.

You may want to try an immune booster like colostrum, whey, or transfor factor. This may well help your Herpes-family virus and the allergies too.

Love, Mikie
  7. Plantscaper

Plantscaper New Member

Have you considered trying OLE for your allergy symptoms, arthritis, FM, etc..It is suppose to be effective in all of these areas..I was able to eliminate a lot of meds thru using OLE..