How does a doctor determine CFS when you already have FM?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by seaview, Mar 24, 2003.

1. seaview

seaview New Member

I have had FM for a very long time(although it was just diagnosed last year). I have all over pain all the time along with lower back(those darn discs are slipping away!),insomnia, headaches,and so on. I have tried to just keep going on but I now(as of the last couple of months)have to lie down every day for 2 hours or so because my body is so fatigued. I tend to fall apart come Sat.and just can barely function. I spent both Sat/Sun in bed. My whole body just feels as though it has given up. My five children(bless their hearts) are trying to understand but they are even beginning to question what is wrong and why. I keep telling myself that I just need to rest more but that does not seem to make much difference because today I am still so exhausted(along with the pain).. I see my doctor tomorrow(once every 3 months) and I wanted to know if there is a test for CFS and what can I do to help myself through this and regain some energy. I am getting desperate and needless to say very saddened by a body that doesn't want to function. I have been taking Guai since Nov. and it actually feels like I am getting worse. It could just be that my body doesn't have it in it to keep going. Any input would be greatly appreciated.
    I am going to be asking for my thyroid to be checked,a test for candida,RA,Osteo,hormone levels,and anything else that is recommended here. My life is in a crisis place(as many of yours) and things must change. I have a deep faith in God but I will be honest....I feeling very alone right now. I thank you for any help you can give....through tears I say Bless you all....kathleen
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I am so sorry to hear this. As you know, the Guai has helped my pain dramatically over the last almost two years. Unfortunately, it has not addresses the extreme fatigue. I also have CFIDS.

Now, it is possible to be very fatigued with FMS alone, but you may also have CFIDS. Do you have a chronic sore throat, chronic low-grade fever, swollen lymph nodes, and/or headaches? If so, you may also have CFIDS, possibly with an attending chronic bacterial, viral, or fungal infection. Ask the doc about this.

I am seeing a new doc tomorrow and am going to ask about viral and/or fungal infections. I am lucky in that I know that it was the mycoplasma which triggered my illnesses. Good luck to you. I suspect you need more than just the Guai.

Love, Mikie