How does eating affect you??? - Does it make you feel BAD?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Hope4Sofia, Mar 14, 2006.

1. Hope4Sofia

Hope4Sofia New Member

I have noticed that eating makes me feel bad - as far as energy goes. I tend to go until about 1 in the afternoon before I eat because of how it makes me feel. (Though I do have a cup of coffee.)

The last blood suger test I had was taken at 10 in the morning on an empty stomach and it was fine 89. What occured to me was that I need to test it in the afternoon after lunch. I think I have very reactive hypoglycemia.

DO any of you feel this way. I'm almost afraid to eat because of how it makes me feel. I feel like my whole afternoon is spent fighting my bloodsuger from dropping.

I'd like to hear any of your experiences or thoughts on the subject.

Sofi
    [This Message was Edited on 03/14/2006]
  2. Jgavi

Jgavi New Member

I had the same problems (still do) and had many tests ran.

Found out my body is highly sensitive to limes, all artificial sugars, acidic foods big time, like coffee!

a whole list of items came up!

Its a special test and Drs rarely use this tests, if you want the name I will post it, many people here have gone through this company. Some insurance companies wont pay for it.

let me know

jgavi
  3. xchocoholic

xchocoholic New Member

I found that if I eat healthy foods,in small quantities usually every 2 - 3 hours, my energy is better regulated through out the day.

good luck .. marcia
  4. Jeanne-in-Canada

Jeanne-in-Canada New Member

You probably have a whole rack of food allergies. It's common w/ our illness because candida is so common to the syndrome and it causes leaky gut, and we tend to get allergic to the foods we eat too often.

Try eating foods you don't eat often and eating more raw food. Raw veggies and tea are very good for nausea. At my sickest I was the nausea queen. Rice milk and white rice are also good for a tender stomache, as rice is soothing to an inflammed stomache lining. So is ginger root tea, add lemon and it's not only a great drink, it's also alkalizing and will help you fight off bugs.

Aloe vera is very healing to the gut lining and the colon and has helped me get over food sensitivities. But the product that has worked the best to heal my gut, help me get over more food sensitivies that were resistant to any other treatment and also adds good bacteria because it's a powerful probiotic is Primal Defense. This has given me more regular bowel movements than I've ever had in my life and almost gotten rid of irritable bowel syndrome for me.

Jeanne
  5. Hope4Sofia

Hope4Sofia New Member

Thanks for the input!

I would like the name of that test. I have been tested for allergies and nothing really comes up. Don't know how accurate the test was.

I do eat small frequent meals after the first meal. That is how I keep my BS from plummeting. But almost any breakfast at all ruins my day.

I can eat egg or pure protein for breakfast but that's about it.

I am actually afraid to eat any sugar now. Even complex carbs don't work out well - though I eat them for the fiber.

All the input is very appreciated!

Sofi
  6. xchocoholic

xchocoholic New Member

I do the the same thing. I can't digest eggs or meat anymore, so I am using protein powders, hemp currently, to boost my energy. Carbs are only ok if I have some protein too.

Have you tried eating a steak or other heavy protein source in the morning ? That used to work great for me. Steak, porkchops, etc.

I first noticed this before ever coming down with CFIDS.I coudn't think straight if I enjoyed donuts with everyone else at work. Bummer ...

Just a thought, I noticed my thinking became more clear after eliminating gluten from my diet.

Good luck with this ... Marcia
  7. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

Sofi:
    I have IBS-C, so anything I put in my system may take quite some while to...well, you know. So, I do not eat regular meals. I have many mini meals and chew on raw vegetables, which was suggested by Stormyskyes. Nice girl, good advice.
    So: yes, eating makes me feel awful, especially dinner.
    I just bloat and bloat and bloat and wait til about two weeks down the road where I have some luck in the bathroom.
    Enough about that.
    If you think you may be hypoglycemic it is best to get checked. You might think it is a wasted trip to the doctor, but I believe one should get the best medical care possible.
    Hugs,
    NyroFan
  8. Hope4Sofia

Hope4Sofia New Member

I'm not sure about the gluten - I seem ok with it - but haven't tested it.

I do know what you mean about the donuts. WOW do they make me feel bad! Almost sick - nauseous, like I need to lay down.

I'm not much of a meat eater - though have been trying to eat some fish. I do eat almonds, whey protein, and eggs. I try to limit the yolks though.

It's really good to hear your experiences. You guys are describing my own feelings. It's hard to get docs to listen sometimes because the tests don't reflect the problem. Had anyone found a test that does?

Thanks!

Sofi
  9. hob

hob New Member

I really struggled with the food aspect of my health. I noticed that my blood sugar really effected the soreness of my muscles along with my fatigue. I started weight watchers about 9 weeks ago and I have really seen an improvement because they promote balanced foods. I also lost weight! It also helps because I am accountable to someone and my mentor has fibro too!
  10. janieb

janieb New Member

and I'm not hypoglycemic? I eat small amounts and what and just what I feel I need to stay alive. I know sometimes it's not enough, so try for high calorie foods.

My husband likes to eat and does not understand my problem so it's a constant war. The doctor is not overly concerned about my weight, but doesn't want me to lose any more.

Mary