How does everybody do it?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Bigfoot, Nov 4, 2002.

1. Bigfoot

Bigfoot New Member

I've been having a hard time for 2 1/2 months now. I average 2 to 3 hours of sleep a day from the pain, tremors,and constant ringing in my ears. I've been employed at a company that has no short term or long term disability, and I have to maintain 30 hours a week of work to keep my insurance. My employer has been more than understanding and has hooked my home computer up so I can work from home, but it is still incredibly hard for me to even sit at a computer for 30 hours. My employer has gone out and got short term disability to try and help, but I also need to average thirty hours a week to get that. I can't just quit work, I've got a wife and three kids to support! AAAAAAAAAAHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!! There. Now I feel better. Thanks for letting me vent a little.
  2. Bigfoot

Bigfoot New Member

I've been having a hard time for 2 1/2 months now. I average 2 to 3 hours of sleep a day from the pain, tremors,and constant ringing in my ears. I've been employed at a company that has no short term or long term disability, and I have to maintain 30 hours a week of work to keep my insurance. My employer has been more than understanding and has hooked my home computer up so I can work from home, but it is still incredibly hard for me to even sit at a computer for 30 hours. My employer has gone out and got short term disability to try and help, but I also need to average thirty hours a week to get that. I can't just quit work, I've got a wife and three kids to support! AAAAAAAAAAHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!! There. Now I feel better. Thanks for letting me vent a little.
  3. kats1978

kats1978 New Member

the computer right next to your bed? or a lazy boy right next to the computer?
  4. ssMarilyn

ssMarilyn New Member

You just have to force yourself to do what needs to be done. If you give in, and do less, it'll be almost impossible to get back to the level you were on before. It can be like 1 step forward, 2 steps back.

You're just so darned fortunate that you got to keep your job and work at home. Pull out all the stops to give 100%!

Marilyn :)
  5. Phoenix

Phoenix New Member

I got to the point where I could no longer sit at my workstation at home and work. But, like most Fibromites, I have a big recliner.

I invested in a good laptop and networked it to my workstation and internet connection. Now I can sit, somewhat comfortably, and use a computer for an hour or two.

Don't give up, keep trying, there are always possibilities...even for us guys ;>)

6. Bigfoot

Bigfoot New Member

Thanks everybody for your support. I hate sounding whiny like I was earlier, but when I do I am so thankful for all of you being so understanding. Thanks for the help.
    Phoenix...thanks for the advice of getting a laptop and sitting in a recliner! Why didn't I think of that??
  7. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Untill you get that Lap Top, try putting a massager on the chair, I have one that fits the seat in the chair by my computer. It cost about $45.00, and it has heat as well as little motors for the massage part. It is great, and I can sit here a whole lot longer that I did before I got it! I got mine from QVC Shopping Channel.

Hope you are feeling better this evening.

Shalom, Shirl
  8. ssMarilyn

ssMarilyn New Member

That can work out okay, but lots of times you can't get the programs you need to use loaded on one. Hopefully that won't be a problem for you?

Marilyn :)
  9. karen55

karen55 New Member

with ssmarilyn, you just do what has to be done, and sometimes it's the hardest thing in the world. I was working 2 jobs until late last spring. Now it's all I can do to work one job full time, but I need the income and the health insurance, we cannot possibly get along without it. I'm having a really bad week here myself and am leaving work earlier than I should, but if I give in, it will truly be like marilyn said, 1 step forward and 2 steps back.
    I hope things ease up for you a bit, bigfoot.

[ advertisement ]