How does Fibromyalgia affect the eyes?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by nice2meetu, Sep 19, 2005.

1. nice2meetu

nice2meetu New Member

My eyes have been really weird. I have trouble focusing while wearing my glasses. This is especially worse when objects are nearer to me. I am also getting headaches in my left eye and into that side of my jaw and neck. Its very sore and very tight. Does anyone know how this DD affects our eyes?
  2. nice2meetu

nice2meetu New Member

How did you change your diet? I have already cut WAY down on sugar and sat fats. I do not drink. Do you take suppliments? Thanks!
  3. justjanelle

justjanelle New Member

I do know that people with FM tend to have problems with photophobia. This is when lights are blindingly, painfully bright.

I've had to stop driving at night because the headlights of oncoming cars are so intense and painful. Also a problem with the light the drs. shine in your eyes.

Best wishes,
    Janelle
  4. spasco

spasco New Member

Although it seems extreme, Fibro is a syndrome of extremes. The 5 senses can become overly sensitive. My hearing is affected to the point that I cna't handle loud noise (kids, fireworks, Harley's, etc) without becoming agitated. My taste buds are very sensitive. Just the slightest touch of sour in a candy or something is not tolerated at all. My sense of smell is way sensitive too. And my skin is very sensitive to touch. If I am touched very lightly anywhere on my torso or upper thighs, it makes my skin crawl! I can't stand it. Focusing is hard too.

It's not you! It is very common. There is a book about it. I can't remember the whole title though. The conditon is common with FMS and is called hypersensitivity (I think). I'll try looking it up again and post it when I find it.

God bless! Stephanie
  5. jana15

jana15 New Member

My eyes are particularly bad if I allow myself to get too tired. Mostly blurred vision but sometimes it will feel like one eye is just a vacent socket (like a pulled tooth)which is a really weird sensation. I too have dreadful problems with bright lights, night driving and visual perspective, for example I can't tell how near or far away something is which is bad for walking or trying to pick up or put objects down.

Nothing seems to help with my visual disturbances except rest, rest and more rest.

Hope this helps

Cheers Jana
  6. cjcookie

cjcookie New Member

This didn't dawn on me until someone pointed that out. I guess we kind of forget that. Fibro affects the muscles and sometimes, the eyes are affected.

I have diabetes also and sometimes my eyes get blurry if my sugar is too high.