how harmful is diflucan for us cfsers?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia and ME & Chronic Fatigue Syndrome' started by mimmic, Mar 25, 2014.

1. mimmic

mimmic Member

have had cfs for 30yr, housebound and in 60s now. considering the immune system and my situation should I consider it. I have heard of liver problems. also long term dizziness and vertigo from only a few days use. I forgot it would be for throat thrush symptoms. any opinions. thanks carolyn
  2. TigerLilea

TigerLilea Member

If you are only using Diflucan for a short period of time for oral thrush then you shouldn't have any problems. You don't want to let the thrush get bad as it will affect your ability to eat. You don't mention if it is just one or two spots or many? My dad was able to use a medicated gel that he rubbed over the spots and that worked very well for him and they cleared up within about a week.
  3. mimmic

mimmic Member

thanks tigerlilea. it is 2-3 spots. they look more like slightly yellowish blisters to me. I had never heard of the gel. it would be very hard to put on where they are at in throat because of gag factor. been dealing w/it for a year. thank you, carolyn