How I got here...newbie alert

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by TinkerBee, Jul 2, 2006.

1. TinkerBee

TinkerBee New Member

Hi! I'm Tink.
    40 years old and while that is young to most, I am falling apart! I found this board while researching Fibro. I am researching because at this point of my illness (whatever that illness may be), I am being my own advocate. Researching & trying to find out what the heck has happened to Tink!

I have been tested for MS, Lupus, Rheumatoid A., Diabetes, and probably a myraid of other diseases & disorders..all in the quest to find out why I am falling apart. Since Oct. of last year my life began to fall apart! I rear-ended in Sept. and in Oct. I began to have visual trbl., then dizziness/balance trbl, restless legs (so very bad), Chronic low back pain, numbness in my legs with shooting nerve pains, some tingling, and hand tremors, and this weird irritable bowel..EVERYDAY!

I have had 2 neuro's and 1 MRI of the brain w/o contrast. No lesions..they were looking for MS. Sometime last month, I stumbled across the word "fibromyalgia"....and man oh man...it fits!

I don't know for sure, but I plan on discussing this with my neuro this week when I see her. I can only hope for something...whether fibo or ???...something...so I can begin treatment and start getting my life back to what it was....or close to it. Maybe that is a dream....

I used to live on mere hours of sleep, working scads of hours everyday, every week...burning the candle at both ends....Top of my game at work..now I feel like I am bottoming out...barely can pay attention these days...my fatigue has me soooo laid out....

If not fibro? then what else?
    Anyone?

Blessings!
    Tink
  2. jenni4736

jenni4736 New Member

Hey Tink..

It's Jenni here. Your symptoms fit the "standard" symptom list here. It's quite possible you are right. Most everyone here has been tested for everything under the sun as well.

Some of us have only Fibro...many though now have more than one auto-immune DX's. Many of us were caregivers or busy exec's that drove ourselves so hard we forgot to listen to our bodies. We listen now...our bodies demand it.

Frankly, Fibro is a tough Dx's. Many doc's have no idea what the heck to do..some don't even believe in it. I hope you find doc's to help you find better health.

This is a WONDERFUL board with lots of people who are very educated in Fibro. and great at sharing what works. We all wish you health and hugs...

Jenni4736
  3. TinkerBee

TinkerBee New Member

Jenni,
    Thank you for your quick reply...
    Funny you mention other autoimmune dx's...
    I have Hashimoto's thyroiditis...I have had this since I was 11 years old.

I originally thought my med's were off when all this new stuff started cropping up! But my TSH level was normal...doing fine on my med's...my endo never suggested Fibro. No doctor actually has...like I said it was something I stumbled upon. It was like an AHA moment!

I think I will hang out here! The post's are interesting, and everyone seems so nice!

Happy 4th!
    Tink
  4. beverly20024

beverly20024 New Member

Welcome to a very informative place. I often come here for solace and to learn. I'm more of a lurker generally...

Like you, I was a very busy person with a stressful job that I loved. Then I got pregnant, had an emergency c-section and woke up three weeks later with a terrible flu that has never gone away.

The old healthy days are a dim memory, but I'm finally surrounded by kind understanding people. The circle is small, but it's a circle and I'll take it.

There are many medications and theories for you to test. I wish you luck and success on your journey.

Take care!
    Bev