HOW I LEARNED TO FILTER OUT POSTS ?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by wangotango, Oct 31, 2006.

1. wangotango

wangotango New Member

HEY ALL, I JUST WANTED TO SHARE A LITTLE BIT, WHEN I FIRST GOT ON THIS BOARD IN 2002 I WAS SO DRIVEN TO FIND OUT WHAT WORKS WHAT DOESENT I READ EVERY POST. NOW I LOOK AT THE TOPIC AND IF I AM FEELING LIKE IT I WILL READ IT AND TRY AND HELP SOMEONE.
    I DO NOT WANT TO SEE OR HEAR ABOUT PEOPLES PETS, THAT IS MY LITTLE PROBLEM FROM WAY BACK, PLEASE TAKE NO OFFENSE ANIMAL LOVERS. SO I WILL SKIP THOSE.
    I ALSO THINK THE LONGER I HAVE HAD THIS CFS MY INTERESTS CHANGES AS FAR AS WHAT I WANT TO READ OR IF I WANT TO INPUT SOME INFO. SOME OF THAT COMES FROM MY MEDICAL BACKGROUND AS WELL.
    I ALSO UNDERSTAND THAT SOME PEOPLE HERE AND ME AS WELL SOME TIMES FEEL LIKE THIS BOARD IS ARE ONLY CONTACT WITH THE OUTSIDE WORLD. I HAD A BAD SETBACK WITH FAITGUE THAT LASTED 2 MONTHS AND WOW, I HAD FORGOTTEN WHAT ITS LIKE TO LOVE ON THE COUCH FOR THAT LONG AND GO NO WHERE.
    ANY WAY BE WELL ALL AND IF YOU MISS A HALLOWEEN SCARE THERE IS ALWAYS MY PICTURE IN THE BIO'S ? HA
    BILL IN KCMO
  2. victoria

victoria New Member

I pick and choose too...

but it is so important for people to put a good title on their post so that we know what it's about.

Sometimes I've just idly clicked on a post that I wouldn't ordinarily look at, and find it is actually something opposite than I think, and is helpful or something I can help with.

I read your bio Bill - what kind of 'trance music' do you listen to?

all the best,
    Victoria

3. LittleBluestem

LittleBluestem New Member

One way I filter out posts is if they are in all caps. That is just too difficult for many of us to read. If you don't like to use the shift key, most people would prefer all lower case to all caps.