How I see FMS/CFIDS in my life!

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by Jackie F, Mar 7, 2002.

1. Jackie F

Jackie F New Member

I have been in the Church all my life. I am a Preacher's Kid, Grandmother was a Preacher, many in the family.
    At 12 I decided I wanted to check out other Churchs. I visited every Church in our community. This took me a couple of years. I visited more than just once. I decided I would just follow the Bible. I didn't/don't like to feel affiliated to any denomination.
    I do consider myself a Christian and feel I am well read on the Bible and continue to read daily and study.

I feel everything in life is a lesson. That is what life is about-learning.
    FMS/CFIDS is, to me, just another lesson that I am to deal with. I have faith that I am able to do it.
    As I do with all things in life, I embrace this lesson and study to show that I embrace this as a a lesson, like any other put before me. I do not accept it as something to just live with. I accept it as a challenge to find the best quality of life for myself as I live my life to the fullest I am able.
    For me to allow satan to hold me back from being the best I can be is to think my God is a liar. He is not and I will not lie down and roll over. I will study and do as He has sent me to do. Educate and inform those who suffer needlessly.

I do NOT claim to be pain free! I do NOT claim to be symptom free. But I CAN and do live the best quality of life every day that I am able; according to my knowledge and faith that I am able to do all things through Him, who strengthens me.

He has given me the strength to educate and info many thousand members and people from all walks of life. We all can do the same, just by speaking up about your illness. By doing it in a Godly way with love and hope. If we don't have hope in Jesus, for all things, then we have no hope in Him at all for anything.

Bless you!

Jackie F
  2. Willingbutweak

Willingbutweak New Member

Amen sister! You go ! I agree completely! I have been praying for God to show me how He wants to use me now. I also believe that God will show me what His will is for me now. He has a purpose for me and for using my illness. I also believe the Bible and prefer to just call myself a Christian. That's more important than a denomination.
  3. Harmony

Harmony New Member

Jackie, I agree. Everything that comes into our life, pain and sickness, trials, can be turned around and used for good. I know God has a purpose for this in my life and I want Him to use it for whatever reason and to help someone else.
    He is my help and strength and without Him I could do nothing. It isn't always easy, but He will provide a way for us.
    Harmony
  4. Harmony

Harmony New Member

It is nice to meet you and welcome to the Worship Board! I hope we will hear more from you. In case you didn't know, tonight and every thursday is our prayer night together. We set aside this evening to pray requests or to give praise to God. It was originally set for 9pm eastern time and you can figure from there what time it is for you, but really you can join in prayer anytime that is convenient for you tonight.
    God bless!
    Harmony
  5. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Hi, am so glad you found our Worship board. Welcome to you.

I agree, being a Christian, and a Bible Believer is more important than a denomination.

The reason I will always mention the fact that I am a Southern Baptist, is because I was saved by the Lord, and put by the Lord in a So. Baptist Church.

I was not raised in a Christian home, like Jackie and a lot of others. I had never attended any church in my life except Roman Catholic, never knew another human that was of any other denomination either. It was not 'people' who lead me to the Lord, you might say I had a 'Damascus Road Conversion', sinilar to the
    'hardheaded' Apostle Paul, who is my favoite!

My childhood was fine, in fact I had a great childhood. But not a christian one.

My whole testimony is very long, as it contains a lot of everything that I was involved with or raised around, like one member of the family was involved in White Magic, grandfather & his father were Masons, lots of Santanic stuff and mega superstition all around from a small child, I am originally from New Orleans, and for those familiar with the City will get the drift of what my meaning is.

So, when I was saved and placed in this little Baptist church, it was all the doing of the Lord, therefore untill He would direct me otherwise, I remain till this day, a Southern Baptist.

I will say this about the Baptist, they are for the most part 'A People of the Book (Bible)', if the Lord put me there to learn His Word, then that is exactly what I did! I was saved a month and I was studing Prophecy, two months was teaching and was the Pastor's secretary, yes, this was all the leading of the Holy Spirit. I continued this work untill about 8 years ago when the Fibro got so bad, I couldn't do all this anymore. But I am always open to what I am able to do where the Lord is concerned. Like Jackie, 'where He leads, I will follow'.

I also believe I have this sickness for a purpose, what it is I don't know, but my Lord knows, and that is what is important, He does also, give me His strength.

My whole family was saved through the Lord's calling me. They are all gone home to the Lord now, and they all had a knowledge of the Lord, which is a great relief when you lose someone you love. This happened thirty three years ago, and I have never deviated from this Walk.

Shalom, Shirl
  6. Cactuslil

Cactuslil New Member

Well said Jackie. I believe if we are doing all within the knowledge and faith we have, we are going in the right direction; one of light.

As we grow and learn more of the gospel, pray for discernment and know for sure of the path we are pursuing, we are doing all within our "now" power to do the right thing.

As we once more grow, line upon line, precept upon precept, our testimony grows and our path becomes more sure.

I, too, am thankful for this infirmity. I do not believe I would have the faith and testimony I have today without it; however, had I not come across or been led to, this particular board, to the particular group of folk, I would also not have grown as I have.

With so much yet to learn it is with excitment as a child, when at the end of the day I can repose and study. Used to be at 6:00a.m. for years but doesn't work that way anymore!

Sometimes we can get carried away with the clinical aspects of our disease(s), and discussion of the right and wrong, this treatment and that, that I atleast, sometimes forget the human underneath the clinical mumbo-jumbo; for that I ask forgiveness and am trying to soften some of my crusty old edges. Love Lil'
  7. HuggyMummy

HuggyMummy New Member

I have always believed that everything that happens to us is for a purpose - one that we might not always understand immediately, but will do one day.

When I went through a major bout of clinical depression and OCD I really had to cling to my faith; otherwise I would not have made it through. At the time I did not understand, but over the years I have begun to be thankful for that time.

Now I need to learn the lesson FMS is teaching me too. I do know that I am having to totally reassess my priorities - and that is NEVER a bad thing!

'All things work together for good for those that love God...'

Ruth (UK)