How Important Are "Daily Activities" To Your Claim?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by BlueSky555, Jul 25, 2006.

1. BlueSky555

BlueSky555 New Member

I was just curious as to opinions and is this something SSD relates to our jobs; all types? Would a Dr.s letter of this nature be important?

I suppose I thought it was whether we could perform our job tasks or not.

Thank you all,

BlueSky555
  2. BlueSky555

BlueSky555 New Member

3. JLH

JLH New Member

I completed it after I retired, so I related everything to what my daily activities were at home.

A doc's letter would not apply to this. YOU are supposed to tell them how you manage, or don't manage, your daily activities.

Call the Soc. Sec. office, or your caseworker at SS, and ask if you are supposed to reply about your job if you are still employed.
  4. jhmitch

jhmitch New Member

...and think about how your disorder(s) can impact things like washing your hair, getting dressed, doing house-hold chores, shopping, driving, laundry, etc.

I have to agree with JLH: this is a form you are supposed to complete yourself since your doctor probably doesn't know any details about how well you can complete daily tasks.

If it is any help to you, think back on all the things you used to easily do but now can't, plus the amount of rest breaks you now have to take just to get things done at all.
  5. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

I think the info related to daily activities is very important. Be sure to identify your limitations in terms of your worse day. As well as your work life, consider housework (many people have trouble with all but the lightest housework) and personal hygiene (Do you have trouble washing your hair, getting in and out of a bathtub? etc.) The more things you can think of the better.

God bless,
    Anne Theresa