How is cymbalta working for ya'll ?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by txangel, Sep 13, 2005.

1. txangel

txangel New Member

My mom n law is on it for her fibro. So I wanted to know how is working for ya'll. She hasn't been on it long enough to let me know. But my DR appointment is soon, so I need to know if I should request it.

Thanks for all the help!
  2. bigmh

bigmh New Member

but not too much help with the pain. I didn't even think I had depression, but it has made a big difference in my outlook on life and my coping ability with this DD. Good luck to you m-i-law. bmh PS--I take 80 mg/day.
    [This Message was Edited on 09/13/2005]
  3. badangel3

badangel3 New Member

I've been on it for more than 8 months and I couldn't be more pleased. I had no issues with depression, but Cymbalta along with Ultram has given me a large quality of my life back. I have better pain management , I'm still able to work 40hrs a week, walk my dog for 20 minutes 3 times a day, plus maintain my home and I'm not wiped out by noon anymore.

I still will occasionally have more intense pain, but it's usually under extreme stress.

If you type in cymbalta in the search, you will get lots of posts to come up. Jackie
  4. suzetal

suzetal New Member

Been on it for 8 months 90mlg. I take it with neutrin I take 1800 mlg a day of that.

Taking the 2 together has helped.

I do not work anymore .And still don't think I can due to pain and still lots of fatigue.

Hope it works for you.
    Sue
  5. tilla

tilla New Member

It really worked well for me for my pain. I was taking 60mg, but since I have had a sleep study and been oxygen, I don't have any pain.

Tilla
  6. JLH

JLH New Member

I switched from Prozac to Cymbalta a long time ago.

It is GREAT!! I slowly worked my way up to 60 mg/day dose. At first, the 60 mg made me sleeply, but that passed in a week, and after I started taking 1 of the 30 mg capsules in the morning and 1 in the evening.

It also reduced my fibro pain level.

Would not switch back to something else at all!!!

Janet
  7. Vickie79

Vickie79 New Member

This is a wondeful drug for depression It doesnt work for me as a pain med. I am glad it wourk for other people
  8. tngirl

tngirl New Member

I've been taking it for almost a month. It has helped with my pain level and elevated my mood.
  9. Bailey-smom

Bailey-smom New Member

It has helped me from the start - I am still in the first week and have noticed pain relief right away.

Good luck!
    Kelly
  10. rmc20021

rmc20021 New Member

I didn't realize how much it helped until I ran out 2 weeks ago. My copay is quite high so I had to wait till I got some money to get it refilled. Depression has hit an all time low and the pain was so great last night that I was awake all night long with pain.

Sometimes you don't realize how much something is actually helping until you are without it a while...than wham!!!!