How is everyone this morning?

Discussion in 'Lyme Disease Archives' started by kellyann, Jun 24, 2006.

1. kellyann

kellyann New Member

I am feeling about the same. Still pretty sore. Headache is bad. Cyst in right underarm is extremely large this morning.
    I tried to "pop" it last night, guess it didn't help much. I have never had this kind of thing before. I am too embarrassed to go to the doctor, jeez! I swear it is about as large as a jumbo egg now. The other side went down, I did pop it. I am using a needle and shringe. It hurts like the devil to do it, believe me. I hope you all are having a better day than I am!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Kellyann
  2. minimonkey

minimonkey New Member

Hey Kellyann --

Doing pretty well today -- I did have to take a migraine med later in the day to stop an impending migraine, but it knocked it right out. Other than that, back soreness, but that is a constant. Maybe it will go away someday... I hope.

I'm concerned about your cysts -- won't you please go to the doctor? When you popped the other one, what was inside?

If you are using a needle syringe, you might be able to aspirate it (maybe that is what you are doing already) -- use the syringe to pull out whatever fluid is inside without too much trauma to the skin. If it really is just fluid inside, a doctor should be able to do this for you.

I hope you are feeling better by the time you read this!
  3. kellyann

kellyann New Member

Hi,
    I hope your migraine is under control. Does your back always hurt? How log have you been treating Lyme? About 5 months? Do you think you have improved a lot so far? Which medicine do you think helped you the most? Are the bicillin shots painful? Are they expensive?

I did try to asprirate the cysts with a needle and syringe. The fluid that came out was a deep maroon colorod red, real thin blood. It worked great on the left side, it healed perfectly. The right side did not. It is swelling huge and so sore. I am calling my docotor's office first thing in the morning and see what I need to do. It has swollen so big, about the size of a peach now. Ouch! I am worried about blood poisioning too. That would be my luck. I have no idea what kind of cyst it is.
    Thanks for being there, it means a grat deal to me!
    Kelly
  4. victoria

victoria New Member

Did you make it to the doctor's today?

Wondering what s/he said, and hoping you're doing better today and tonight!

all the best,
    Victoria

5. minimonkey

minimonkey New Member

OMG, that sounds just awful! I hope you got to the doctor and he/she was able to drain the cyst... please give us the update.

Yes, I've been treating for only about 5 months, and I am feeling remarkably better! Most of my symptoms are gone, except the occasional neuro-flare (tingling, peripheral nerve stuff mostly -- occasionally visual stuff) and the muscle pain, which has been my nemesis for over 15 years. Even that is much less severe than it was... but yes, my back hurts most every day, especially if I stress it too much. One day, I hope all the symptoms will be gone -- but seriously, I am SO much better than I was a year ago, I can't even begin to tell you!!!!!!!

Bicillin shots -- the shot itself doesn't bother me at all ( I do them myself) -- but they are done in deep muscle, so they do get sore afterwards. I'm so used to being in pain, I barely notice the soreness from the shot. Bicillin gave me back my energy and enthusiasm for life, I think. Out of pocket they run about $450.00 for a box of ten, which is 5 weeks for me at 2x/week. So far, the insurance hasn't balked -- we'll see if it lasts.
  6. kellyann

kellyann New Member

Didn't go to the doctor. I just can't bear the thought of them poking me with needles or scapels. The dang cyst has gone way down and I am going to leave it alone and let it heal. It has gone way down. Thank goodness. I don't know why I got them in the first place and I pray I never ever have them again.

Mini...that is so wonderful about you feeling better. If this Mepron and zithromax doesn't work I am going to try those shots next. Sounds a whole lot better that I.V. theraphy.

My mom called me, she wanted me to go to the hospital. I told her I always get bad when I start new medications and there wasn't a thing they could do for me at the hospital. I have been down longer this time than usual. Maybe that means the Mepron is doing something, I don't know. I am feeling a little better this afternoon, just took a shower, yay me!

I wish I could get better, even a little bit, I do have a two year old who needs me! My 16 year old helps me with her when I get down. I had wanted to adopt another baby or two, I don't see that in my near future:(
    Kelly