How is it possible

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Fmandy, Apr 4, 2007.

1. Fmandy

Fmandy New Member

to wake up in the morning, after a really good night's rest, with all of your joints aching, your spine burning and unwilling to move, your head aching, you are totally exhausted, totally fatigued, and with most of your muscles aching? How is this possible?

All you want to do is make coffee, to get you out of this thick fog and take some medicine (for me, tramadol) to help make the pain bearable. The mind fog is disturbing.

How is this possible? I am 54, but I don't think all 54 year old people experience this.

I am starting to feel like Joeb7th.

I have to not be getting enough oxygen while I sleep. Something is happening during my sleep. The longer I sleep, the worse I feel.

Low O2 could be caused by bad circulation while I sleep. I take beta blockers, calcium channel blockers, plavix, and Angiotensin II Receptor Blockers (ARBS) with a small amount of ACE inhibitors, before I go to bed. I take these for high BP and rapid heart beat.

I am glad I wrote this post. I just figured out that I sure will try taking them when I get up!

Thanks for listening to me gripe. I hope that all of you are the best that you can possibly be today. I take it one day at a time :}

Andy
  2. Engel

Engel New Member

... and you described my morning (every morning) for the past 15-20 years to a T. This morning is especially rough (cold front came through). I just started on tramadol this week. Was on Lyrica and before that Cymbalta. I still had the same situation every morning. I recently started using a cpap and it seems to be helping somewhat with the fog. I am not on all of those meds you are and I feel the same as you described every morning :-( .

You are right ... we just have to take it one day at a time.
  3. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

Andy:

I wake up the same way. This morning I just did not want to get out of bed because I knew there would be pain.

I got up anyway and made coffee, took my meds and started to feel somewhat better.

I also have hypertension. I am on medication for that.

Yesterday at the doctors office it was running up in a range that it should not be. So, I will rest.

It was nice to read your post.

nyrofan
  4. pam112361

pam112361 New Member

I feel the same way most mornings. The problem is that I work full time so I have no choice but to get up and go. I can tell you that if you haven't had a sleep study done for sleep apnea, talk to your doctor about it.

I won't say I feel great in the morning, but I can tell a difference after I take my meds and move around some. I don't tend to feel as tired. The pain doesn't completely go away, but just being more aware (and awake) is a good thing. I say this because I had begun to fall asleep driving to and from work. I can attest to the fact that I feel more awake when driving on the nights that I use my CPAP. If I skip it for some reason, I'm very sleepy the next day.

And I don't think anyone considers your post a gripe. It's what we're here for.

Hugs,
    Pam
  5. sfrazier

sfrazier New Member

hi andy i know exactly how you feel. my problem is that even after i take all my meds through out the day i still never escape from the pain. glad to you you get to a point where they are bearable.....SueF
  6. cczub

cczub New Member

LOL... That's how I feel every morning.. My meds are totally helping me sleep, I ususally get 8 hours a night, but wake up feeling EXHAUSTED and SORE... I agree with you that something must be going on while I sleep too.

A full nights' sleep does help some. I'm noticing this now as I've been getting 8 hours a noght average for several months now most of the time. However, starting 2 weeks ago, my 7 year old son started having Night Terrors.. Boy am I dragging agin getting woken up 4 times or so a night.
  7. Fmandy

Fmandy New Member

that my heart and spirit could be lifted by such caring and sweet people? Each one of you are precious to me. I thank you from the bottom of my heart. I feel for you, I know just how you feel. I am with all of you.

I am going to copy this thread and place it on my computer with my most treasured files. I will always have it to remind me that I am not alone, and that there are some wonderful and very sweet people that are with me, and need my support, when they are down, as they have supported me.

Yes, I am very, very sentimental. I am not ashamed to admit this. I would love to be surrounded by sentimental people in real life, but I am not.

You are all darlings and I would love to hug each of you and remove this illness from you, and send it to heck.

I am so grateful for all of you and this place where we meet. I am wishing, praying, whatever you may want to call it, that each of you will have good health and true happiness some day.

A true friend always,

Andy
  8. Fmandy

Fmandy New Member

Please keep us updated on your sleep study. I would also like to hear what the consultation was like.

I woke myself up this morning from talking out loud in a dream, lol. Too loud obviously...I slept for 10 hours last night. I wasn't sleepy at all when I woke, just in really bad pain as usual.

There are times that I only sleep for 4-5 hours and I am a real sleepy head, but my pain usually is not as intense.

Thanks for your information and I hope that you really do get help.

Andy
  9. Fmandy

Fmandy New Member

I just read your bio and saw your beautiful cat...

Thanks for the very comforting words. They do what they were intended to do :}

You speak of aching more while you are lying down, well when I wake up in pain like this morning, I have to get up or I would die, I think. First off I have to go get some medicine. But you are right, if I continued to lay in bed everything would get worse.

I also loosen up after a couple of hours. I would feel better even if I didn't have any pain medicine. I know because I have only been taking pain medicine for about 6 months. My quality of life has increased so much and I am so thankful.

Usually when I lay down though, it is because I need a nap, or feel bad in general due to something that the tramadol wont help, so I really just flake out and snooze, lol. I wouldn't dare lay back down in the mornings though.

I hope that you can get out of this major flare that you are in. I know that it must be tough to all of a sudden have children to deal with. All the emotional, physical, spiritual and economical strain (did I leave a strain out?) that you found yourself strolling merrily into one day (like a lamb to the slaughter...) must have hit you hard. You must still be amazed?

Get better and stay well please.

Andy
  10. Fmandy

Fmandy New Member

and a big yes on the john.... In fact, I had to either start skipping a day between the COT or start buying stock in Charmin...

I am determined to not decrease from a tablespoon per day...Really it would probably be better to find a dose that I could tolerate on a per day basis, don't you think?

My wife has been feeling better the last 6 days than she has in a long, long time. She is on the COT and is pulling oil also. She takes most of the supplements that I do.

She has set records for taking the most antibiotics ever, and is a small lady. She had to be a yeast cake, lol. I remember when she used to ask me to smell her palms. They smelled just like yeast. Well, the COT is restoring her health I do believe.

She got stung on the butt last night by a wasp. She sit down on the throne and pow, right in the hiny! I did everything except kiss it, to make it feel better....

I ordered Molybdenum, green food and other stuff like spirulina, and it is yet to come. Normally it would have been here. This is a new company and I am a tad anxious. I have a receipt and haven't even checked to see if they have charged my card yet, but hopefully my goodies will come.

Thanks for the note and I hope that you are well :)

Andy
  11. debhun

debhun New Member

to move out of bed cause you know what is comeing. I put it off till I can't laid there any more cause of my back killing me. I am 51 an in my mine I say look I am only 51 whats the deal here I am to enjoy life now. But can't cause of this DD.

Deb
  12. Fmandy

Fmandy New Member

I received my supplements today. I got 2 bottles of hawthorne (one only berries, the other leafs, flowers etc), molybdenum, spirulina, mango juice, probiotics and green food tablets (15-30 tablets per day!).

I have been trying to google-up why I should be cautious with green food vs meds and green food vs spirulina. I hain't had no luck. Do you mind telling me?

I am pulling oil for sure and am simply amazed and so is the wife. My mouth hasn't felt so good in years. My 2 teeth are so much whiter!

I think I can see a difference in my wife's complexion, but I have not mentioned it to her yet. I may be biased, lol. I want one of the kids to mention it first maybe.

We are both taking probiotics. 3 different kinds and YES my butterymilk :)

I didn't know about the food poisoning. That is terrible. I will find the thread and read up on it.

New car-eh? So proud for you :) You probably almost deserve it...Ha ha ha just shoot me.

Do they have internet in prison? The reason I do not know about your food poisoning is because I have been trying to get my state and federal taxes done. I have hit a snag.

Speaking of snags and such, when you stop the trots while taking COT, does this mean you have taken enough for awhile? Chief Burning REEER wanta know...

Mayonnaise is made with eggs (smart now, aren't I? not). A guy that used to sell barbecue as a business once told me that many people were made sick from mayonnaise and were never aware of what caused the poisoning.

Life is like a box of chocolates Momma used to say......

Be well Mrs. Finger

Andy
  13. Fmandy

Fmandy New Member

The green food pills were different. They come in packets of 15. Surprise, they are green! The box contains 20 packets. They have all the green foods; chorella cell wall something tuther, spinach, cabbage, turnip greens, cauliflower, green algae, sea kelp, papaya spoils :),broccoli, Cheyenne Indian pepper, brussel sprouts, lethicin, corn on the cob, kale, wheat grass, Kentucky blue grass....

That's about it. This is just from memory. I left out some grasses. Probably fescue or Bermuda :)

I just had 6 pills and I feel a bit gassy. We are just trying them out really. If they give us a lift like the turnip greens I cooked a week or so ago, we will really pay the price.

Let me tell you the secret to cooking good tasting turnip greens. Fill a big pan with filtered water. Well don't quite fill it you know. Put 2 big bags of greens in it. Let them come to a good boil for about a minute. Remove and drain the water.

This will keep them from being bitter. Put more water in the pot and cook them down on medium heat. Don't forget to add salt back or bacon at least to add a pinch of unhealthy decadence to them greens! Add some salt NOW, cause if you don't you wont. Pepper sauce like the clear type that comes in a bottle of peppers is good on greens, and will make hair grow on your chest.

Let me see...My crystal ball says you have a new-JEEP!!!! Did I get it right? Lets see the crystal again....There is a tiny scratch in the middle console that no one but you can see-right again? Whew I am good at this ESPN stuff...

I still haven't read the poison thread.....

Taxes-have to figure out the value of a farm at the time my dear MIL passed as compared to when it was sold (1.5 years). 3 siblings have to get their ducks in a row on this. I have already chewed all my nails down and pulled most of my hair out. I am just waiting....I slept maybe 2 hours last night. We are having a cold spell and my bones are brittle.

I hope old gray haired, hairy men are not attractive to fellow convicts. I will get the wife to have me a t-shirt made with CFS-AIDS on the front & back...

I have weaseled my heart meds around to where I am taking them in the morning instead of at night. I read something about Circadian's rhythm being off. If his is off, mine may be also....

I think the greens are just terrific supplements and the spirulina is supposed to lower IgE levels which asthmatics have. My wife has extremely high IgE levels. I used to feed my fish spirulina, but it cost much less.

If my wife continues to take this spirulina, I will get her the fish food pellets and just tell her it is a better, more potent brand. Would that be unethical or illegal?

Did you see my new pic? The old thing had been wadded up a few times. Someone mussa been mad at me...

Have a very good day.

Andy