How is Mikie???

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by KayL, Apr 22, 2003.

  1. KayL

    KayL New Member

    Has anyone been in contact with her? Just wondering how she made it through on Monday...........

  2. kadywill

    kadywill New Member

    to hear, as well.....
  3. sofy

    sofy New Member

    I havnt heard but I imagine she is feeling like the mack truck ran smack over her and waiting for beauty to strike when the truck tire marks fade.
  4. KayL

    KayL New Member

    Any news?
  5. stillafreemind

    stillafreemind New Member

    I am glad that you are doing alright..I will be glad to see you posting again. And interested in how the procedure went and how you like the end results!

    Take good care...Sherry
  6. Mikie

    Mikie Moderator

    Thanks so much for your concern. Despite having a couple of blood vessels in my neck hemmorage after I got home and having to go back and have two of the incisions opened up, blood sucked out, gauze shoved down my neck, the blood vessels cauterized without anything for the pain, and saline solution being poured in one flap in the front of my neck and having it flow out the flap behind my ear, all is well. Of course, the doc did inject a little local where he had to stitch me back up, but having the blood vessels cauterized without anything felt like a branding iron in my neck. It took about five hits with the thing before the doc could stop the bleeding. One of them really started pumping fast and he didn't have time for the niceities. Lucky for me, I was very high on Vicodin, so even though I could feel the pain quite acutely, I really didn't care. Strange kind of disassociation.

    The next day after surgery, I only took a little Excedrin and haven't had to take anything since. The swelling, bruising and incisions are not painful, but I look like a big fat moon face with little beady eyes. My daughter took a picture and when I'm feeling up to it, I'll put a pic in my profile. The most discomfort is from where the doc lasered under my eyes. It's like a third-degree burn and every day, I have to scrub off the dead skin and apply ointment. I also have to wear a chin strap to support my internal neck sutures. All in all, I'm not a pretty sight, but I feel great. In fact, since the surgery, all my CFS/FMS symptoms have gone away. I don't know whether it's from sucking up all the oxygen while under, whether it's because I now have "real" pain as opposed to the "phantom" pain caused by Substance P, or whether it's from the antiviral drugs I had to take for Herpes-family viruses. Makes me suspect that I may have a chronic stealth Herpes viral infection. Gonna discuss that with my new doc on Tues.

    Since Wed., my daughter and I have been out eating and shopping and to the pool. Of course, I have to wear big sunglasses and a hat. I dressed up in my best shorts, put on all my jewelry, wore pretty sandals, and hooked my hoop earrings through my chin strap since it covers my ears. It gave everyone a good laugh. I just hope I look as good as I feel and I hope I continue to feel so well.

    Again, y'all, thanks for all your prayers, good wishes, and concern. I feel blessed to have so many good friends here.

    Love, Mikie
  7. KayL

    KayL New Member

    So glad to hear from you! It does sound like you're doing well at this point. I don't know if I could actually go through that. LOL

    Take good care of yourself!

  8. OuchyMama

    OuchyMama New Member

    I just wanted to say I am glad things went well and you are out and about already. My Best to You.
  9. Mikie

    Mikie Moderator

    Six days post surgery and all is well. Still no FMS/CFIDS symptoms. Worst problem is caring for the very raw and sore skin under my eyes where he lasered. Twice a day, I have to get into the shower and scrub off the crusty skin as it dies and peels off. OUCH!

    I'll post a picture as soon as I can in my profile.

    Love, Mikie