How is this possible, I'm getting better?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by tinypillar, Jul 20, 2006.

1. tinypillar

tinypillar New Member

I've had a very stressful few weeks.

My boyfriend and I decided I need to move out of our place. We've been together for 3.5 years and for the past 1.5+ he's been saving me financially. I'm working full time right now, but I've missed a lot of work (FMLA, payments are always way behind), but I'm currently back at work right now. Previous to this job I went on temporary disability, then when I started to feel stable health-wise I went back to work (then had a few flares).

The move is for me. I have lost my ability to be self sufficent, in that he's always there to bail me out and it's caused a huge imbalance in our relationship. We are still a couple, and hopefully as time goes by and I have regained my independence we'll live together again.

The strange thing is, during the stage of deciding I need to move out, I had to study for a few certification tests for work. I know I had to study extra hard for these, considering my brain isn't used to studying and since the FM it's harder for me to stay focused and remember what I'm reading. I ended up passing my tests with pretty high scores (the score really means nothing, if you pass, you pass / fail you fail).

It's been about 3 weeks since this started and I've noticed that my pain level has dramatically decreased. Even through stress and not sleeping as much as I should (some nights no sleep at all), I am starting to feel "normal". I'm eating alright, not extremely healthy, but no junk food (okay I had ice cream one night).

Tonight I had my boyfriend test my pressure points. When I was orignally tested I had almost all of them, now I have 2 that have noticable pain (2 on the upper chest), 2 on the lower back, mild, and the 2 below the buttocks, mild. I was shocked.

The things I am doing that are different is walking everyday and or doing some easy yoga. I think yoga is helping me the most as I don't feel as stiff and sore as I am used to feeling. I have more energy as well. Before this walking everyday was the last thing I'd want to do. I'd be too sore/tired to do anything related to exercise.

The biggest thing is I quit taking all my meds (flexeril, effexor), with the exception of ultracet when I need it (which has been only a few days/nights, and I took maybe 1 or 2). I did post a few weeks ago about my hair falling out, shaving it, etc. Since then I haven't noticed any hair falling out, and it is actually growing back pretty fast. I am still taking my vitamins/supplements.

I don't know why of all times my body would decide to go into remission, all this stress and upheavel in my life would make me think I'd have a huge flare, not the other way around. My stress isn't even over yet. I'm staying at a friend's house for about 2 months, then getting my own place, so I have that looming in the future as well.

Just thought I'd post this and if anything give some hope to others out there that for bizzare reasons we can have remissions. I'm not going to get crazy and say I'm cured, but I'm very thankful I'm getting a break, for however short or long it lasts.
  2. pammy52

pammy52 New Member

I hope you continue to feel well.
    No telling why our bodies respond the way they do.

I have found tho that when I am periods of having to just keep pushing thru because the situation demands it, I too notice less pain etc..
    Unfortunately..I usually end up crashing some where down the line..
    May be weeks after or months after, but as time has gone by, it is definitely the pattern.

I so hope you do not have this happen.
    Hopefully, your walking and yoga will carry you thru.

Wishing you the best with everything and keep us posted on your journey.

Pammy
  3. 1sweetie

1sweetie New Member

I'm happy for you. Don't worry about why just enjoy the time and I hope you get better and better.

Good news is always nice.