how long before u know ultracet is working?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by mgmarble, Jan 26, 2007.

1. mgmarble

mgmarble New Member

I was just put on ultracer four days ago and 10mg of flexiral at night. So far o improvement, I actually feel worse :( I was so hoping this would help, I can barely take care of my 7mth old. Thanks for any input. Gin
  2. mujuer

mujuer New Member

You don't say how much you are on and at what dosage. I take it and have for the past two years. It started working for me from the start but I was taking up to six a day then and now am down to three but I am also on prednisone for breakthrough pain. Pamela
  3. HurtsToMove

HurtsToMove New Member

Ultracet is a short-acting pain reliever. If it was going to help, you should know within an hour. You obviously need a stronger dosage, or possibly another type of drug since this one may not touch your pain. If you can, I'd call your doc and ask for a change.
  4. mgmarble

mgmarble New Member

Thanks for the response, I take four a day with no relief what so every I will give it to Monday and Call in. I was on predisone too, but he weaned me off it and it has so far been the only thing that helps me. thanks again
  5. tngirl

tngirl New Member

I believe you should feel relief within an hour of taking it if it was going to help.

I tried ultracet and didn't find it to help. Ultracet is ultram (generic is tramadol) and tylenol combined.

I switched to tramadol. I can take 2 every 4 hours (theoretically) I don't take that much because I get a terrible headache if I take that many in a row.

I take it with or between my doses of hydrocodone.

I believe doctors generally like to start you with milder doeses to see if it will handle your pain.

Talk to your doctor about it.

I had to learn to take my pain meds regularly. If I don't my pain cycle gets out of control and it's really hard to break it.
  6. tandy

tandy New Member

yea,..I'd hafta agree with others in that you should feel it working very soon after taking it.

This med never helped me either.
    I have it,..and I take it every now & then because I have nothing better. But it does'nt do didly for me either.
    I'd call and see if the doc. can prescribe something else/better.
    Mine would'nt, but you may be in a lucky area of the FM world. lol
    Good luck
    Tandy